Carp Anglers Group Forums

Want to head to Deep Creek and was wondering if anybody know were I can fish. Is there somewhere you can camp by the lake? Can you fish at night in the park? Is there a hotel thats close to a good Carp hole? Any info would be appreciated!

Only there 2 times, but I know there are plenty of motels in the area, close to the water. Some on the water, and in good places.

Post spawn, definately want to fish the outer edge of the weedlines, and definately good to night fish if possible.

Good luck!

Want to head to Deep Creek and was wondering if anybody know were I can fish. Is there somewhere you can camp by the lake? Can you fish at night in the park? Is there a hotel thats close to a good Carp hole? Any info would be appreciated!

I heard people doing good from the hotels at mchenry's cove, you can also fish there during the day I did few nights at state park you can park next to the road but not sure how legal it is to sleep there, but fishing overnight should be ok

Herkel is the master of all things Deep Creek.

In my one session there...I found the motor boaters to be aggravating. Nap all day, fish all night.

The cove at McHenry behind the Lake Star motel and the State Park, plus a few other locations around the lake.

Jet Ski's and Boats are a menace, good luck!

Fished by the State park at the tooth pick bridge. First three cast produced fish 14 to 17 lbs but by 10 nothing till dark and caught couple more came in. Seemed shallow and weedy along with a snag. Went through at least 10 hairs.Need a different spot.

Heading back down this weekend!! How much bait do you think I should throw in at first? Im heading down fri and gonna bait up and fish Sat till sun. Was thinking at least 8 gallons.

Got pointed to new spot and caught some nice fish and my sons pb.

2ND Cast this beauty came in at 21lbs

Photo155.jpg

This pic does no justice but by his face you can see this 20lber is his pb.

Photo158-1.jpg

and the icing was a 24lber.

Photo160.jpg

All together landed 5 fish and my son lost 4 in a tree that was down next to us. You see it behind me.

Nice carp yinz guys.

Ya finally get tired of the beach?

LOL never get tired of the beach. Im just in search of the 30lber plus Im about to head down there for a week and fish so Just puttin some time in to see what works. You been fishin?

Nice carp yinz guys.

Ya finally get tired of the beach?

LOL never get tired of the beach. Im just in search of the 30lber plus Im about to head down there for a week and fish so Just puttin some time in to see what works. You been fishin?

Nah, I hadn't done any fishin' since the Seghi's qualifier, but did a little today at the local park lake.