Carp Anglers Group Forums

Montgomery Carp Derby

Guest THE BIG WORM

Guest cornball
It's that time of year again and I just got the call from the boyscouts down in Montgomery. They tell me everything should be the same as last year, including the more fish friendly format of weighing then release (no-stringers). I'll be down to do demos on Saturday and help with the weighing of fish on Sunday. The only real rule change is that if there is a tie, the higher prize will go to the first to register their fish.

Date:
Sunday August 15th, 2010

Time:
6:00am-2:00pm

Cost:
I forgot to ask, but I'm sure its about the same as last year

I know a number of you always make it, but give me a heads up count and if enough are going to show maybe will do a side-pot prize in memory of my buddy, Jeremie. Edited by cornball

It's that time of year again and I just got the call from the boyscouts down in Montgomery. They tell me everything should be the same as last year, including the more fish friendly format of weighing then release (no-stringers). I'll be down to do demos on Saturday and help with the weighing of fish on Sunday. The only real rule change is that if there is a tie, the higher prize will go to the first to register their fish.

Date:

Sunday August 15th, 2010

Time:

6:00am-2:00pm

Cost:

I forgot to ask, but I'm sure its about the same as last year

I know a number of you always make it, but give me a heads up count and if enough are going to show maybe will do a side-pot prize in memory of my buddy, Jeremie.

Me too, me too...

Guest cornball

Just a reminder I will be here in Montgomery this weekend, not in Dixon. Anyone not going to Indiana should come by. There is a fair, with rides and a parade. For anyone fishing.......there is only one weigh location so plan ahead for keeping your fish alive if you have never been here cause it will be hot. This is not a CAG event and I help out to try and keep as many fish alive as possible, we can only lead by example, not complaining. If you have a few bucks burning a whole in your pocket pick up a couple of extra Wal-Mart mesh laundry bags and turn a stringer fisherman to a proper carp angler.....there about $2.86 plus tax. Paul at Wacker has loaned some in the past and I'll have those as well as a couple of dozen of the cheepeys' myself but any help would be greatly appreciated. The good news is this year all carp will be immediatly released after weighing, not stringered or caged till the end of the event as all previous years.

Just a reminder I will be here in Montgomery this weekend, not in Dixon. Anyone not going to Indiana should come by. There is a fair, with rides and a parade. For anyone fishing.......there is only one weigh location so plan ahead for keeping your fish alive if you have never been here cause it will be hot. This is not a CAG event and I help out to try and keep as many fish alive as possible, we can only lead by example, not complaining. If you have a few bucks burning a whole in your pocket pick up a couple of extra Wal-Mart mesh laundry bags and turn a stringer fisherman to a proper carp angler.....there about $2.86 plus tax. Paul at Wacker has loaned some in the past and I'll have those as well as a couple of dozen of the cheepeys' myself but any help would be greatly appreciated. The good news is this year all carp will be immediatly released after weighing, not stringered or caged till the end of the event as all previous years.

thx larry for the hard work :) is the river going down? been up here for awhile now

Guest cornball

Don't know for sure about the lower Fox, up by us they opened the river to no wake below the Mchenry Dam 3-4 days ago so the water is dropping. Even during the flooding the river never got to the Parking Lot at Ashland in Montgomery so I'd say water levels should be high but not flood by Sunday. The back channel should be deep enough, if the water is still rushing in the main river. I would expect mud at the edges and banks!!!!

Sorry you can't make it, Marcin Nobody, evidently, wants to take a manager's shift. It doesn't matter that much anyway. The Chione boys will bivvy up all night to reserve a prime swim and show all of us how it's done.

Sorry you can't make it, Marcin Nobody, evidently, wants to take a manager's shift. It doesn't matter that much anyway. The Chione boys will bivvy up all night to reserve a prime swim and show all of us how it's done.

:) I see a repeat of 2008 :D

Guest cornball

I hope the Chione brothers use their winnings to enter the Fighting Roughfish's Illinois Carp Championship!! :) I here they drive now.

Edited by cornball

wow its pouring here and heading for joliet....the river will be moving tomarrow... see u in the creek :P

well i was right lol water was high fish were small

2nd cory b

3 mike o

5 frank r

thx larry for all the help with the tourney :)

good job fellas see ya in dixon :D

Edited by bailybird

Guest cornball

The Final Results are:

48 participants (3 in the kids catagories)

Several hundred onlookers, and well wishers.

No Dead Fish, and again thanks to Frank Rink for donating some carp sacks to hand out.

Thank godness the heat passed and the weather was almost perfect.

And the general opinion among spectators who stopped by to see the "Stinger" was shock, suprise and happiness to see that all the fish where being released right away. And many said next year they will be fishing again now that the fish are safe. As much as you can't change everyone.......I think that most had realized it was time for a change and it's good to see the general publics desire to see even the common carp respected and released at a local carp derby.

The Winners;

1st Place John Chione 9-14

2nd Place Corey B. 9-13

3rd Place Mike O. 8-13

4th Place Andrew Chione 8-10

5th Place Frank R. 8-1

Girls 6-5

Boys ---

Thanks again to Troop 61 for putting on the Event, Money raised fron the event goes to buy their camping equipment for the troop. I look forward to helping the boys learn to Carp Fish next month, and to seeing you all their again next year!!!

It will be the 25th year in 2011!!!!

The Final Results are:

No Dead Fish, and again thanks to Frank Rink for donating some carp sacks to hand out.

And the general opinion among spectators who stopped by to see the "Stinger" was shock, suprise and happiness to see that all the fish where being released right away. And many said next year they will be fishing again now that the fish are safe. As much as you can't change everyone.......I think that most had realized it was time for a change and it's good to see the general publics desire to see even the common carp respected and released at a local carp derby.

The Winners;

2nd Place Corey B. 9-13

3rd Place Mike O. 8-13

5th Place Frank R. 8-1

Girls 6-5

1@#$%^& oz give me a break i tried pual

Boys ---

Thanks again to Troop 61 for putting on the Event, Money raised fron the event goes to buy their camping equipment for the troop. I look forward to helping the boys learn to Carp Fish next month, and to seeing you all their again next year!!!

The Final Results are:

The Winners;

2nd Place Corey B. 9-13

3rd Place Mike O. 8-13

5th Place Frank R. 8-1

Girls 6-5

Boys ---

Thank you, Illinois State Chair Larry, for your efforts to get the word out and to back that word with positive results! :)

Congrats to Cory, Mike, and the Chione boys for their high placement on the leaderboard. I didn't realize there were 48 participants, so the CAG/MCAA members did well, placing three in the top five!--Frank

Thank you, Illinois State Chair Larry, for your efforts to get the word out and to back that word with positive results! :)

Congrats to Cory, Mike, and the Chione boys for their high placement on the leaderboard. I didn't realize there were 48 participants, so the CAG/MCAA members did well, placing three in the top five!--Frank

:D:P:);):lol::) :) ;)