Carp Anglers Group Forums

A new idea

Carpaholic

All -

I have implemented this new forum in order to hopefully avoid future problems. As carp fishing becomes more popular here in the USA it is perfectly natural that a growing number of businesses will likely be created to serve the market. As we have from the start, we continue to see these businesses as a service to our list members. Nonetheless, it is a good idea to keep the discussion topics and the business related topics separate so that each may be enjoyed for their stated purpose.

We have always tended to allow more leeway to businesses that help the CAG by advertising in the NACA or through other means such as prize donations, tackle handouts, etc. As this is a private list, we reserve the right to determine at our sole discretion what is and is not allowed to remain posted. Granted, we hope we will rarely need to exercise the right.

Please feel free to refer people to this section when questions are asked in a discussion thread. I believe this new forum can make dealing with commercial issues easier for both the list users and the businesses involve. If you have any concerns or comments feel free to air them here or via PM or email.

• 1 year later...

Hello all -

We are experimenting with a new approach to the Commercial Corner. I have created a new category titled "CAG BIZ Supporter" which truly describes the fine businesses which have often donated goods, money, or services to the betterment of CAG or who have purchased advertising space in our club newsletter the North American Carp Angler.

One of the privledges of becoming a "CAG BIZ Supporter" is the ability to post product announcements, specials, etc. in the Commercial Corner section of the forum. All guests, members, CAG Members, etc. will continue to be able to view posts in the Commercial Corner, however, only CAG BIZ Supporters have the ability to make postings. In addition, we are relaxing the no pricing rules for the Commercial Corner section ONLY.

If you are not yet a CAG BIZ Supporter, please contact the CAG Staff at your earliest convenience to discuss how you may join and participate in the program.