Carp Anglers Group Forums

GLOBETROTTER'S QUEST - LOW P&P to USA!

Guest GLOBETROTTER

Guest GLOBETROTTER

I've just got back from Holland. The Carp show in Zwolle went extremely well, with many hundreds of books sold - both hardback and leatherbound versions; and the online orders are now flooding in.

A few important notes for CAG and others in USA or Canada: The publisher now has put up a second website (linked to my own) - so that postal prices can be kept down to a minimum. Postage and packing is normally £5.25 to UK, but because of the hefty size and weight of the book (almost 1,8kg!) it costs a hefty £17:00 postage to USA from England. However, if you now log onto:

www.westerlaan-publisher.com

This will cut your cost of ordering because Postage & Packing will now only be 12-Euros...cutting your costs by more than a half! :D .

Please note that all pre-order payments already recieved from CAG membes will see the book "in the flesh" very soon, as we are now packing your books and sending across the Atlantic to land on your doorstep (too big to fit in a letterbox!).

To All;

Out of first hand I can confirm to you ...Tony's book is even nicer than expected and well worth the money, no expense has been saved to make this a unique book . The quality of content and photo's is unique , and a compliment for Bein , the publisher, is in order too as this is undoubtedly the nicest I've seen sofar !

Tony looking forward meeting you again preferable when its not so busy as it was in Zwolle !

Guest telfish

Hi Tony,

Can't wait for my copy to bump on the doormat. Looking forward to meeting you at the St Lawrence International Junior Carp Tournament in August.

Terry

Hi guys,

I have ordered a copy of the book too. Kingcarp arranged it. From the stories, it sound like it is really nice.

Cannot wait for winter to end (which means that Kingcarp will show up to fish with me and he will bring my book!!!!!).

CarpNiels

Tony -

I went to the website posted above and placed an order. However, the payment instructions involve wiring funds to a foreign bank. My bank will charge me $35 US dollars to perform the international wire transfer. Any savings associated with shipping rate reductions are wiped out by such a high fee. Are there any outlets for your book set up to process either credit cards or Pay Pal? I'd really like to get your book but at 50 euros including shipping = $90 to $100 US at current exchange rates plus $35 US for wire transfers, I think the $125 price tag is a little beyond my reach. Please advise.

Tony -

I'd really like to get your book but at 50 euros including shipping = $90 to $100 US at current exchange rates plus $35 US for wire transfers, I think the $125 price tag is a little beyond my reach.  Please advise.

Brian:

50 Euros, @ noon today, is $64.07 That's bad enough but $35 for a transfer is over the edge.

Damn Cheap Yankee

Guest telfish
Tony -

I went to the website posted above and placed an order.  However, the payment instructions involve wiring funds to a foreign bank.  My bank will charge me $35 US dollars to perform the international wire transfer.  Any savings associated with shipping rate reductions are wiped out by such a high fee.  Are there any outlets for your book set up to process either credit cards or Pay Pal?  I'd really like to get your book but at 50 euros including shipping = $90 to $100 US at current exchange rates plus $35 US for wire transfers, I think the $125 price tag is a little beyond my reach.  Please advise.

Brian,

Pay by Paypal, that is how I did it.

Terry

Guest GLOBETROTTER

Brian.....I don't know what bank you have, but I think you've got all your sums wrong!! :D

I think you may be thinking of converting UK pounds instead of Euros.

One pound = around 1.4 Euros or 1.8 dollars. (exchange rates will differ slightly on banks and day of exchange).

So when I say that the normal charges for P&P for the 1.9kg package is £17 Pounds Sterling, the cut price of P&P to only 12-Euros is only about £8.50 - which has halved the postal costs!

The book itself is only 38 Euros - which is very cheap for a 372-page large-format book that has the highest quality printing of any carp book so far seen.

The English website: www.globetrotters-quest does allow Paypal transactions, but the Holland website: www.westerlaan-publisher will also be placing the Paypal icons on that website very soon.

If, even after all these deductions you still want to cut costs, just wait some months, because we will be shipping some books out to USA so you can order direct from USA....

For those who can't wait for the USA online shop to materialise - and it will of course take some months - then just click on the websites.

Prepaid books orders from USA residents are already being packed today and being shipped to USA..... :D Enjoy...!

Tony -

You are correct, I was confusing euro's and pounds. The price of the book was not my main concern, rather the freight and my bank's charges. The Dutch site didn't have a means to use Pay Pal at the time I tried it. I have managed to make arrangements to obtain the book via a friend in the UK. Apologies for any confusion created. I am looking forward to enjoying this eagerly anticipated tome.

Tony -

My bank will charge me $35 US dollars to perform the international wire transfer.  Any savings associated with shipping rate reductions are wiped out by such a high fee.

Brian-Tony

I talked to my bank today also. I was advised the $35 fee for transfer is universal, that's the fee the bank

is charged.

Again, as Brian stated, the post savings are far outweighed by the fees charged.

Tony; Someone needs to enter the real world and set up a VISA/Mastercharge account.

Paypal is the last choice as you stated there's another fee for using it.

Damn Cheap Yankee

ASHAMED TO SAY I'M FROM MASSACHUSETTS

Guest telfish

I use Paypal a lot for payments and for buying. As far as I know there is no fee for paying by paypal however they do deduct when someone buys from you.

Terry

Guest GLOBETROTTER

Following weeks of hassle :D , in trying to obtain the cheapest possible postage & packing for our USA and Worldwide customers, we are finally able to offer lower costs via my website:

www.globetrotters-quest.com

This has dropped the P&P charges down from £17.00 to £8.50. I can't get the postal prices any lower without swimming across! :D