Carp Anglers Group Forums
louis

CCC 2011 Location Discussion

Since we just had a lively discussion about scheduling events etc, I thought I would try and guide some of that energy towards something we can actually work on... next years planning.

Bob Giordano has stepped up and volunteered to host next year's CCC on the St. Lawrence. Normally I would not be into the idea, just because there are already so many events there. However, next year CTS is running the World Championship in the area, and the CCC could be a few days after, and piggyback on the attendees already in the area. We might even get some new members from overseas. This would require us to push the date back a week as well, to the first weekend in October.

What are members' thoughts on that?

my thought on this is simple. it has always been the last weekend in Sept. and needs to stay that way. why? cause i can make it with my work schedule but after that im working 7 days a week 12-14 hours aday and i would not be able to attend.

Any advanced planning for all events would be great...how about setting up an huge calander and have any organizers "bid" on those dates or something so there aren't as many overlapping events?

Just a thought....could be quasi-regional because I know there is very little chance of me traveling more than 4-6 hours for an event.

JMHO

Since most of the work has traditionally fallen on the host State Chair I think it would be best to have the disscussion between the chairs on their forum and when all the bids are in (( then let the members vote on the options/locations )). This way the people that are obligated to hold cag events, and attend the ccc/cag buisness meeting, won't go off sceduling their events with little or no regard of the CCC.

jmho.

Tom.

louis - great idea, get it organised, whilst there are hundreds of anglers going to the CAWC anyway, it makes perfect sense to hold it straight afterwards, not least because most of the marshalls wouls stay on a few days, as would I as I'm in the area and it would only mean extending the trip

Since most of the work has traditionally fallen on the host State Chair

Not quite true. I did it for many years and I was VP, not state chair, for most if not all of those years. I think it should be discussed in the open, not of the state chair forum. Perhaps a relative outsiuder will be inspired to step up.

Not quite true. I did it for many years and I was VP, not state chair, for most if not all of those years. I think it should be discussed in the open, not of the state chair forum. Perhaps a relative outsiuder will be inspired to step up.

I must agree with Paul in keeping the discussion transparent. Dr. Pezalla did a wonderful job with the Chicago CCC series. I am not sure, though, that the event moved because of organizer burnout. I think it moved because the fish just weren't there, at least during the last couple CCC's in Chicago. Count me in to help should it return to the Windy City.--Frank

makes sense to have it on the larry ONLY because after all the bait that gets dumped in over 5 days on an incredible river................. Just a thought. I would think that after baiting literally TONS of bait, there might be a few fish around. Of course my opinion is biased since I'll be up there anyway :)

Edited by elcapitanmas

Guest MajorLeagueCarp
Since we just had a lively discussion about scheduling events etc, I thought I would try and guide some of that energy towards something we can actually work on... next years planning.

Bob Giordano has stepped up and volunteered to host next year's CCC on the St. Lawrence. Normally I would not be into the idea, just because there are already so many events there. However, next year CTS is running the World Championship in the area, and the CCC could be a few days after, and piggyback on the attendees already in the area. We might even get some new members from overseas. This would require us to push the date back a week as well, to the first weekend in October.

What are members' thoughts on that?

Louis

Not sure about the CTS rules on pre-fishing the venue but my advice would be to schedule the event the week BEFORE (or closer?) the World Champs. If this is possible then maybe you could run a pairs event (in parallel) during the CCC which would give a free entry for the world champs for the winners? (This might be a program you need to develop quickly). International/tournament anglers are very serious about preparation and information on a venue.....promoted adequately I'm confident this would be a sell out event which would be a real boon to CAG coffers with plenty of spin off value, particularly for CAG tackle vendors. After the fact...not so much...the parties over so to speak...

If Herk and I are in town we will muck in I'm sure...

Edited by MajorLeagueCarp

I must agree with Paul in keeping the discussion transparent. Dr. Pezalla did a wonderful job with the Chicago CCC series. I am not sure, though, that the event moved because of organizer burnout. I think it moved because the fish just weren't there, at least during the last couple CCC's in Chicago. Count me in to help should it return to the Windy City.--Frank

I agree Frank,

we should let CCC come back to hometown....

classic !!!

Edited by Paul Sander

I agree Frank,

we should let CCC come back to hometown....

classic !!!

I HAVE FISHED THAT TOURNEY 10 TIMES AND BLANKED ALL TEN LMAO.................BUT I VOTE FOR BACK TO CHICAGO :)

voting to have the event at a certain location without having anyone willing to make the event a success is sort of backwards isnt it?? Hell, I vote we have it in Vegas. :)

voting to have the event at a certain location without having anyone willing to make the event a success is sort of backwards isnt it?? Hell, I vote we have it in Vegas. :)

uuuuu sir, do you doubt there is anyone without organization skills in IL ?

Did you check how was organized last big event Illinois Carp Championship in Dixon IL, with almost 40 CAG members ?

Did you ask any question about this event before and after ?

Did you say simple words "good job" after this ?

We have many of CAG members and great anglers here and we have the most active State Chair from all CAG state chairs I think, and trust me: he is full of organization skills and great ideas to make any event successful.

BTW, good "organization" job on CCC in North Carolina,

wish you get success there Tom, but please do not disqualify others (time has changed Tom even in IL)

best regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Sander

Just what do the initials CCC stand for?

I had thought it was an abbreviation for “Chicago Carp Classic”.

Or maybe it’s been changed to “Carolina Carp Classic”; or something else?

It would be silly to have a Carolina Carp Classic in Chicago. :)

Organizer burnout was a big factor in it leaving Chicago. Back then, there was very little help available. Now, Chicago is loaded with competent and experienced tournament organizers; Larry ., Tracy J., Ernest K., Sam S, me...

I suspect we could get together and put on a first class event but I do not think 2011 is the year to do it. Because Dave scheduled his tournament the weekend of the CCC, the chances of a good turnout are greatly reduced. At least a few of the potential organizers are planning to fish Dave's event and, I imagine, a few CAG directors will as well. Even if the CCC were moved a week or two one way or another, it would still be a huge conflict.

2012 might be a possibility for Chicago.

Organizer burnout was a big factor in it leaving Chicago. Back then, there was very little help available. Now, Chicago is loaded with competent and experienced tournament organizers; Larry ., Tracy J., Ernest K., Sam S, me...

I suspect we could get together and put on a first class event but I do not think 2011 is the year to do it. Because Dave scheduled his tournament the weekend of the CCC, the chances of a good turnout are greatly reduced. At least a few of the potential organizers are planning to fish Dave's event and, I imagine, a few CAG directors will as well. Even if the CCC were moved a week or two one way or another, it would still be a huge conflict.

2012 might be a possibility for Chicago.

2012 CCC back home sounds good to me. Hard to believe you let it go when you did Paul. I was against it moving as the CCC is one of the big reasons Im here. I had so much fun there before during and after the event. Learned so much about carp fishing and met some of the finest guys in the game. Glad to see there is interest in it returning.

I too support a return to Chicago, but it needs to return when the chance for success is the highest, and that may not be 2011 when the WCC is happening. I'm sure we have good local organizers to pull it off.

Why is the WCC on the same date as the CCC? Is the WCC around the world always on that date similar to the CCC?

The cup, usually at madine is in the beginning of september. I think it sucks that the CAWC overlaps the traditional CCC date, but that is out of my hands.

What is the history behind the date of the CCC always being the last weekend in September? Was there a specific reason? Seems we could have a better turn out at the begining of the season rather than towards the end...like in May.

Maybe because of the conflict with the other major event going on and having to brake tradition in 2011 it might be considered to hold it earlier in the year?

When she comes home to Chicago da 'chick and I will be there for sure :)