Carp Anglers Group Forums
steeler

Introduce yourself!

hi there all!

My names Paul, I'm one of the younger cag members.

I can be found in the spring/summer fishing my favorite swim at the desjardines canal.

Look for the dude, wearing a toque in the sweltering heat, drinking 1000 coffees, and wearing flannel at all times.

tight lines!

Edited by steeler

Hello My name is Lorne and I am the new Canadian Chairman.

Edited by hammercarp

Hey, I'm Daniel. And I have an addiction, damn you NWC :).

The past year or so I gave Hamilton a break due to obligations. I fish Match and Euro and everything in between. You can find me fishing in the Bradford to Sutton area, but I'll be around Hamilton next year.

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm a carp fishing addict lol

I live in Hamilton and fish mainly in the Hamilton area but like to venture out to other places around southern Ontario to sink a line.

The quintessential days fishing for me would be to spod/ slingshot a swim. Set the pod up. Watch the liners start. Reel in the carp I noticed rolling over my bait a few minutes earlier.

I enjoy casting a waggler and occasionally target pike and other species depending on the time of year

My favorite hockey team are the Vancouver Canucks.

My football (soccer) team are Manchester United FC

I'm married and have two boys

I enjoy meeting other carp anglers both new and seasoned.

I love the fact one can always learn something new about carp angling. The learning never stops or get's boring

Thanks

Mark

Guest randyl

Hi All, my name is Randy, and I am a carp fishing addict.

I fish mostly match style with Euro style carping in between, in and around Markham, Kawartha, Hamilton, and Niagara areas. I'd be glad to fish with anyone who respects the environment and others. I live in Markham, if you are looking for someone to fish with, drop me a line and we'll see what can happen.

Guest BCLT

Hey guys - my name is Shawn - I played drums in bands for the last 10 years but recently got bit by the carpin bug - ever since all Ive wanted to do is catch carp - release carp - read about carp - dream about carp - and repeat lol

I look forward to seeing your catches and meeting more of you

cheers

shawn

Hey my name is Nick aka "the spod" but you will have to ask the girlfriend why lol

I live in Newmarket now & will be doing my best in 2011 to get back into Carping having just had a year where I sort of lost my way from spring 2010 onwards.

My favorite type of fishing is targetting new waters for me for big fish ie 25lb + & have a whole list in the Kawarthas where I can hit riding the motorcycle where cars cannot stop for 2011.

I have many friends that I have met through Cag here in Ontario & long may that continue can never have too many fishing friends imho.

So if you see me on the shore say hi I love to talk about fishing & learn/help others.

I cannot wait till the next Can Am, where I had a complete disaster last September but now got my head together again after this years trouble for me, which was the best fun without catching a fish for me lol.

see you all out there sometime soon

Nick "the spod"

Hi, My name is Steve Westbury. I have fished for carp in Ontario for almost 2 decades, however you cant learn too much about carp & to this day there is always something new which surfaces which further enriches ones knowledge & understanding of this most uncanny fish.

Carp fishing has become much more popular in the South western Ontario region, anyone reading this forum who might be interested to give it a go , I would say jump aboard & embrace the sport , you will not find a more dedicated & helpful bunch of fisherman than those who fish for carp. Unfortunately at this time I am unable to fish the wild waters of Ontario, but I will be back someday..............

ATB Carpsava

Hi all...

My name is Chris Prescott, and I live in Guelph. I'm kind of a newbie fishing for carp, since I haven't really targeted them much. I'd love to meet some carp anglers and learn some techniques.

Most of my carp fishing experience has been catching them on the fly. It's amazing how powerful a big one can be. I was completely spooled by one once... fly line and backing... got my line back though (sans carp), as it caught on some rocks downstream. Anyone else out there like fly fishing for carp?

Tight lines!

Hey there,

Well I had to make a new account, I don't know why lol. But my name is Vince and I carp fish...obvioulsy. I really like any type of carp fishing, but I love fishing at long distances. I live up in Lindsay for 8 months since I'm studying Fish and Wildlife at Fleming. And live in Hamilton the rest of the year, more around the time of better carp fishing. Though I will be up in Sudbury for a Tree Planting Job with A&M resforestation from May till the end of June, so I guess I'll miss a good part of the season, but I need to make money for gear somehow. Either than that you've prbably seen me at Fishing World, since I also work there when I'm in Hamilton. So I'll be there from July untill September. But anyways, can't wait to see everyone out on the bank this season!

-Vince

Hey there,

Well I had to make a new account, I don't know why lol. But my name is Vince and I carp fish...obvioulsy. I really like any type of carp fishing, but I love fishing at long distances. I live up in Lindsay for 8 months since I'm studying Fish and Wildlife at Fleming. And live in Hamilton the rest of the year, more around the time of better carp fishing. Though I will be up in Sudbury for a Tree Planting Job with A&M resforestation from May till the end of June, so I guess I'll miss a good part of the season, but I need to make money for gear somehow. Either than that you've prbably seen me at Fishing World, since I also work there when I'm in Hamilton. So I'll be there from July untill September. But anyways, can't wait to see everyone out on the bank this season!

-Vince

Have fun feeding the blackflies err tree planting. :D

Guest Swansea Carper

Hey guys, my name is Rob. Relatively new to carp fishing, only been in deep for 3 years or so now. Live in Toronto next to the Humber and work in Hamilton, so I generally fish in these two areas. Almost entirely euro style so far, but this year I have pitched out some breadpack and puffs so will be trying my hand at that style on and off I am sure.

Tight lines and screaming drags!! :D

Hello everyone. My name is Andrew. I have only been carp fishing for three seasons now and I have really been enjoying it. I fish the St. Lawrence and Lake Ontario in the Kingston, Gananoque, Brockville areas and I am always interested in meeting like minded people. Drop me a line anytime and maybe we can share a swim.

Tight lines

Andrew

My name is Beans and I got back into carp fishing about seven years ago after my friend Photoz invited me to a G2G just above the Canoe Club in north Peterboro...He had just purchased his Euro equipment for $1350...(I've paid less for used cars... :rolleyes:) so I had to go see...All I had to fish with was a 7 ft Ugly stik and spinning reel but that was a big improvement over the green cotton hand line with a bell sinker on the end and a couple of drop lines above with dough balls that I used as a lad off the causeway at Lake Scugog...

After being spooled one day my friend Crappieperchhunter gave my an old saltwater Zebco spinning reel that he had gathering dust in the basement as he is left-handed and the handle was on the wrong side for him...large spool held lots of line...

Today I use the equipment that a couple of kind gentlemen donated to me after they saw how enthusiastic I was to fish for carp...(friends of Photoz...now friends of mine)...

I had a bit of a problem with the free spool on the bait runner as I would grab the rod too soon and ended up with a horrendous backlash...nothing like fighting 20 lbs of angry carp with a birdsnest...took me 5 carp before I landed one... :lol:

Anyhow I find carp fishing lends itself to my old age (75) very well (set-up, cast out, sit and wait)...my bad back stops me from standing and casting for other species...even in the "Tin of Beans" I have to sit and fish...

Guest carpingkid

Hi, I'm Tristan and I'm fairly new to carping.

PB-14lbs

Hockey team- Maple leafs

Favourite rig- feeder with hair.

Favourite memory carping- When I had my first screaming run which lead to my first carp! (9lbs)

If you want to contact me, www.youtube.com/fishingwithKT

tristanuchida@hotmail.com

Cheers!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/852/042y.jpg/

Hello my Real name is David some folk call me Hawk i am Englishmen living in Harrow Essex Near the City of Windsor and of course being Englishmen i like to Fish for Carp

Where i live haven't found any other Carp lovers , all Walleye and Bass nuts around here , i went into the local fishing tackle store asked about some Carp gear the guy looked at me as if i just escaped from the lunatic asylum and said there a rubbish Fish and a pest if we catch them by mistake we kill and burn them gee and he called himself a fishermen , but guess that what ya get when you live in the so called Walleye Capital of Canada .

Still i guess that leaves lots Nice Carp for me, I fish at the Local Creek (Cedar Creek ) where there are lots of Lovely big Carp (and big Cats).

Cheers

The Hawk

My name is Mike and I’ve been hunting carp around southern Ontario for just over 20yrs. Big, wild rivers are my favourite places to fish. I’ve also spent many hours stalking ‘giant goldfish’ around Lake Ontario (especially around Toronto). I consider the Trent system, Niagara river, St. Lawrence, the Grand and just about any place in between my home territory.

At this point in time, I’m also enjoying my photography and spending time helping out at events like fish-ins, tournaments and volunteering my time with getting kids into fishing. Hope to see many of you out on the bank this season.

Guest Carp diem

Hi, my name is Joel.

I'm new to the carp game and am looking for someone that can teach me a think or two. I usually fish in the gta area, mainly around Mississauga.

I have started to make my own feed and boilies, but still have trouble landing a single carp. But I keep trying! And will never stop trying! :)

Hey fellow Canadians! :yourock:

Just found this site so signed up and here i am! My name is Ben and ive been carp fishing in southern ontario for about 8years. I used to fish hamilton bay back in the day but have just recentley moved back to the Hammer and have been hittin the shores pretty hard this month(Some killer fishing like i remember, >>pic Below caught today @ P4<<. Im 29 years old and work as a chef. I fish 12 foot euro rigs with beepers, pods, feeder and bolt hair rigs, And somtimes floats. I also enjoy fishing trout and salmon when they run in the harbour. Anyway i hope to get to know some familiar faces around here and the shoreline!

Cheers fellas! :D

PB - 43Lb Common Carp - Toronto Island 2008

post-6378-0-26393700-1316476163_thumb.jp

Edited by dopefish905

Hi Every one!

My name is Jeff and I live to fish.

I love to fish for all types of fish but spend most of my time chasing carp around the Hamilton harbour.I have fished from Calgary to Halifax and from Key West to Sioux Lookout and I must say the Hamilton Harbour is a awesome place to fish all year round and I love it and I feel so lucky to live so close to it.

I do have a list of fish I want to catch and so I'll stil have to travel get a striper bass thou there are wipers in the harbour.I would like to get a laker over 15lbs and a large gar pike and a musky over 15lbs and I'd love a good size mahi-mahi and a nice size sailfish.I also would not mind a tarpon,blue catfish,swordfish and a big smallmouth buffalo.

I have caught a 25lbs crouper and a 20lbs snook and two 5foot black tip reef sharks.

I am also a big Tiger-Cat fan.

I love to camp and hike and I love Northern Ontario it is a real beautiful province,I feel sorry for the people that never get a chance to explore it.You would never regret it.

I am glad there is a club like the CAG,it's good to meet other guys who like to fish for carp and to hang out and share stories.Thats the way fishing should be...fun.

I'v met afew guys and hope to meet more this year and to fish in all the CAG meets in Ontario.

Hope to see you on the bank.

Jeff

Hi Guys

Better late than never! My name is Arvand Pouladi and I've been fishing since I was 6 years old ( I am 39 years old ). I have targeted many fish species but nothing beats Carp fishing. I have met a few of you dedicated Carp Anglers over the years and looking forward to meet the other anglers out there. Unfortunately I work overseas and only get to fish occaisionaly back home which is Burlington Ontario. We are blessed to be in a Carp rich area where there are many venues right at our door step giving us the chance to land massive fish. Our European counterparts spend thousands of dollars every year, spend countless hours sitting waiting in pay lakes to land a fish with a name ( a poor fish hooked so many times it hardly puts up a fight ). Every year when I am Carp fishing in Ontario I have people come by and look in awe at the size of fish i catch. they cannot believe that fish that big live in our lakes, some have a negative perspective about carp calling it a trash fish that destroys habitat and so on. Take the time to educate these individuals. I was at Bass Pro shops last summer and i met a Natural resources officer and he was telling me all this Crap about Carp. I explained to him that Ontario can be a magnet for Carp Anglers from around the world generating huge revenue, I gave him examples of certain countries and the amount of revenue they are generating from the sport. I ask all you carp anglers out there to be an ambassador for this great sport, spread the word and hope fully one day we will also be able to fish with 2 rods as opposed to 1. Good luck and tight lines, C U on the Hamilton area lakes!

Hi

I'm Jamie and I'm fresh from the UK. I have been carp fishing in UK waters for over 25 years and have recently moved to midtown Toronto. I managed to ship most of my kit over with me (Including some bait - shhhhhhhh :D) and am going to find it a bit weird getting used to a different way of fishing for them (one rod? what's that all about? I'm used to 4....)

I haven't managed to wet a line here yet but am really looking forward to getting out and having a go ASAP.

Hope to see some of you out on the banks sometime.

Jamie

Edited by jaminsk1

Hey everybody, I've carping for 3 years now and I'm amazed how addictive the sport is. I've been fishing for over 40 years and have targeted all fresh water species. Nothing is more exciting than hearing the alarm go off and the reel scream. My PB is 28 lbs, 18 lbs on a flyrod. Many in the 20's.... I fish the Grand river through the week, not unusual for 10 + fish caught in an evening. Chemong Lake has delivered the PB's. This year I want to break 30lbs, the approach will focus on ground bait...does anyone have a simple yet effective recipe? Hair rigged CUCC corn (honey), with monster maize a close second is my bait of choice. Anybody ever use rabbit pellets in their ground bait?

Guest BCLT

Welcome Arvand, Streamstripper! Welcome Jamink1 and 2Carp! you guys will enjoy the wealth of knowledge the many regulars offer hear at the CAG, contact Lorne or Mark, they are great guys and will gladly help you! I personally look forward to seeing threads from you all!

To Barryb.... I agree with arvand, to clarify - all the magazines, online videos, and everything we read about fishing the UK tells us that fishing in Canada is a great privilage - to not have to pay extensive fees to fish areas where "rumor" has it the water holds 10 10+, 5 high teens, and 1 20+........... areas where fish are overfed, with three inches of rotting bait on the bottom, hoping to catch a carp that has been cought too many times to count..... I respectfully say, that natural waters, holding fish that quite possibly have NEVER been caught are the true privilage we North Americans have....... as die hard carp anglers, we have it made

best wishes to all of you!

Edited by BCLT