Carp Anglers Group Forums

Fff Stories For Publication

Bill Stoltz

I am going to be in need for a couple of good FFF stories for our next NACA printing. Heres the problem, i need the stories no later than jan. 5th. which would really only give the story writer two days to run me out a good story.

what im looking for is maybe one story from the south where weather isnt really an issue and one EXTREME story(cold, snow, rain, cold). anyone knowingly going to be fishing this once a year great event and can come up with a neat story with great pictures please PM or email me so i can prepare for your story.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Stoltz

Thanks, Bill, great initiative, much appreciated.

For sure, I will not have the final tally ready by Jan 5th, but stories are always much more important than ranking for this event, so... keep up the good up. And please make sure to include somewhere Monty's great drawing! :)

Thanks, Bill, great initiative, much appreciated.

For sure, I will not have the final tally ready by Jan 5th, but stories are always much more important than ranking for this event, so... keep up the good up. And please make sure to include somewhere Monty's great drawing! :)

Bill

I can provide a story well in advance of January 5th. Here is a preliminary synopsis:

"Froze butt off. Blanked. Water temp below 50F."

Pictures to follow.......after 01/01/11

Jerome

Is it possible to register online yet? I thought I might actually give this thoroughly insane idea for a tournament a go this year. :D

Iain

Bill

I can provide a story well in advance of January 5th. Here is a preliminary synopsis:

"Froze butt off. Blanked. Water temp below 50F."

Pictures to follow.......after 01/01/11

Jerome

Is it possible to register online yet? I thought I might actually give this thoroughly insane idea for a tournament a go this year. :)

Iain

I vividly remember waiting two hours in severe cold before you got one of those while it took me minutes to get one... So you can do it! Just have to work a bit more on your timing...

Nope, sorry, no news from our busy webmaster on the registration form being frozen :D . We still have four weeks ahead of us, so no panic!

Speaking of extreme cold... Would be great to see a story from the Winter Carp League guys? As a side note, I now have a pretty long list of sponsors, and I am pondering to assign one prize to a good write-up or two... Maybe the ones Bill will select for the NACA... Just to motivate writers!

I've never participated in any CAG contest before because I only compete against myself :) but maybe I'll participate this year. I think I would have won with this fish last year if I had entered. I caught him on New Years day and depending on how wet the sling was, it would have went between 28 to 29 lbs. On second thought, once I enter something, my luck changes and end up doing terrible so maybe I won't enter so that I can continue to catch nice fish. But on the 3rd thought, I will try to go fishing on new years day and if it's interesting, I'll try to write something.

post-2904-1291298289.jpg

The Ol Captain will be more than honored to send in a special report from the sandy shores of the Apalachicola River. BTW, if you are going to be snowed in why not take Bird's advice and come down & see us?

Apalachicola2-2.jpg

Apalachicola1-1.jpg

It will be my first trip down but if you need the inside scoop you can contact Chakram, Cool Dad, Bigbird or Coweta Carper for more info!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

good job all on fishing your FFF, now i have a question for you all, who is willing to get me a few stories so you can read your success or failures on paper. I would like to get these ASAP, i have a deadline to make in a few days and would love to get some FFF stories in. Today is sunday, what a perfect day for a good ol' story.

Don't forget that a story doesn't have to result in a catch to make print. your hard work will be noticed.

thank you all

and happy new year.

And remember that the primary author of each of the two FFF stories selected for publication will get a $25 voucher from our sponsor Tres Flores for boilies & maize. Bill, please tell me once you've made your final selection, so that I can send their prize to the winners.