Carp Anglers Group Forums

Back to Kissena,

location kissena park Queens NY

Date 4/16/11

Rain or shin

Time sunrise to last man standing.

Contest, their will be a big fish contest, ten dollars to enter and the contest will start as the first two anglers arrive so there will be a witness and all members that enter must fish till 3:00 pm, at that time the contest will be over. I will need a volunteer to run the contest.

I will try to pre bait the day before or a volunteer can step forward to do some pre baiting with no fishing the day before.

Let's also keep the baiting very light the day of the fish in, this tactic seemed to pay of during last years fish in and I would like to ask all anglers to give this venue a rest until the day of the advent, Thank you ,

what you can Expect at this venue.

post-2875-0-55530800-1292716536.jpgpost-2875-0-88505000-1292798771.jpgpost-2875-0-78050000-1292798881.jpg

post-2875-0-00884300-1292800325.jpg

http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/kissenapark

Edited by robm1093

Little eartly to say :) but i will try my best

Rob,

Nice one matey,

Never to early to plan a fish in. probably better to sort it early than late. if there is any thing i can help you with let me know.

im sure I'll be up for it for the day.

thanks for your hard work on getting this sorted.

cheers.

Joel.

Thanks Joel. Cheek the date guys, I hade to move it Forward a week.

Edited by robm1093

If i wont die or bite dust till then ill be there . + i might help with prebaiting .

Count 2

Marcin and I

If i wont die or bite dust till then ill be there . + i might help with prebaiting .

Count 2

Marcin and I

+ if you show me how to help ill help with contest

I will pick the volunteer at the advent if we have a big tern out and I need help, likely sun one that has a good weight scale and sling. The volunteer would also have to keep a log book of names and Wight of fish caught. Thos that want to be in the contest will have to sign in and give me their ten dollars upon arrival .

If everything goes ok, I’ll be there. I’ll try to work out my job schedule, so I can help with prebaiting.

If everything goes ok, I'll be there. I'll try to work out my job schedule, so I can help with prebaiting.

Excellent, I love it when a plan comes together.

Edited by robm1093

:D Excellent, Joel has volunteered to help out with the big fish contest and Luke seed he will do sum prey bating for us. I also herd from Team Sorano and he will be attending. Peter Park will also be at the fish in and he will be making a nice video for cag.

Edited by robm1093

I'll be there. No need to pre-bait Kissena though! It's not big enough, no need to fill them up before we get there.

yeah Kev is probably right. last time i fish it the fish where ready for a single tiger tiped with a bit of rubber corn,

i didnt even put in any free offerings, and even got 2 off the top, on bread,

im goona bring my flote/waggler gear this time. should be fun,

Guys

So let me know if i should prebait , i should order some trout pellets and corn by end of february .

Btw joel , ill have my float rod ready too as i dont know what kind of bottom that lake has ;)

Edited by luke

no need to prebait.

Ill maybe swing by, but I probably won't fish. If my anger management is fine that week, fine, if not, lol no comment

hoohoh i cant wait for this :) it will def be fun :) AND I THINK KEV IS RIGHT :) NO NEED OF PRE BAITING.... i bet some of us will be there way before the fish in trying to land the first fish of the year :) but i dont agree with the bainig :) people could baitup when they get there before unpacking and setting up everything ;) the lake is way too small for free offerings

Hi Rob a lot has happened to me over the winter. Nice to hear you heard from Alex I hope he's well. Might come with Miguel Let Alex know I have new e-mail ewagner001@catskill.net If you want give me a call cell 917 497 0562 but it's better to call my home phone 607 326 6296 we can talk Ed

That’s grate ED I hope to see you at the fish in, I will call you this week. Also to all CAG members Lets give Kissena a rest in till the day of the fish in, No need to presser the carp we will all be fishing for on the day of the fish in. Carp in heavily pressured places like kissena wise up fast if caught, so let’s save the action for the fish in. If you’re dying to fish try sum of the other lakes in the city waters like flushing Meadow Lake, central park and Prospect Park. Grant Park on long island also has sum carp.

I just herd from an old friend (Aldo) from back in my high school days on face book, we went fishing for carp and did sum exploring a few times back in the day. He still likes carp fishing and seed he will be going to the fish in To check us out .smile.gif

yea ill be coming with one more friend , so 3 from my side , both newbies to carp fishing

yea ill be coming with one more friend , so 3 from my side , both newbies to carp fishing

OK, but if they want to enter in the big fish contest they have to become cag members before the fish in. ( contest will be for members only)