Carp Anglers Group Forums

Kurt Grabmayer

David Moore

oh man that saddens me hugely.

the man was an absolute pioneer and all round top bloke.

a few years ago i went to his shop when i fished in austria and bought a whole load of bait off him. i have kept a few boilies back as i regarded him in such high esteem.special occasion boilies if you like... i will use those last few remaining boilies sparingly and attempt to catch a grabmeyer carp in his honour. hopefully, eric unger will keep building the rods.

if there is an after life...i hope he's hauling now!

oh man that saddens me hugely.

the man was an absolute pioneer and all round top bloke.

a few years ago i went to his shop when i fished in austria and bought a whole load of bait off him. i have kept a few boilies back as i regarded him in such high esteem.special occasion boilies if you like... i will use those last few remaining boilies sparingly and attempt to catch a grabmeyer carp in his honour. hopefully, eric unger will keep building the rods.

if there is an after life...i hope he's hauling now!

Wow, I just heard this news... what shocking and sad news. RIP Kurt.

Terrible, terrible news. How did it happen?

Heart attack is what I heard. Kurt had a lot going on in his life and speaking to Rob Hughes he even mentioned it was probably stress related.

I'm still in shock over the situation.

When we went over in '02 to Romania to fish Saralesti. Kurt spent a great deal of time giving me info to pass on to the rest of Team USA. He even told Tim & Al if he could have picked a peg it would have been the one they drew, they finished 5th. He shared info on how to fish pegs we had drawn. As things worked out Kurt still won the event out of 120 pairs.

I've gone over to Kurt's carp expo show in Austria a couple of times and he always went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of and had a enjoyable trip.

A class act that will be missed by many.

A shame.I remember reading a few of his articles online and in the NACA.Very knowledgeable.

One of the very few carp related articles for the local paper featured a large picture of

him at the '02 cup.He was also unique in his preference for bait casters.