Carp Anglers Group Forums
kentlakecarper

5Th Annual Curry/raffle/fundraiser/gear Swap/membership Drive

Hello All,

Nikki and I would like to host the 5th annual curry/rig/gear swap/fundraiser/CAG membership drive day again at our home on Saturday March 5th. All day event starting at 10am.

This year the theme will be a gear swap, raffle, fundraiser and our first ever CAG membership drive with dinner and snacks provided. The dinner has traditionally been a curry, but we have been thinking of mixing it up this time around to something different...hmmm...

Anyone that has seen this post and feels out of place coming please don't let that be. Post up and ask any questions you may have. We welcome any and all newcomers to the sport. This event is an excellent time to:

1. Get new or used gear from trade or from sale

2. Win lots of cool stuff through the raffle

3. Experience some exotic food

4. Earn a full 12-month CAG membership

5. Talk with experienced anglers and meet new friends.

6. Help plan our 2011 calendar of events

7. Check out the items from the new CAG store

8. Check out our new Gold Carp Pins that you will have an opportunity to earn while fishing at one or more of our official events.

The agenda is as follows:

From 10am until 12pm we will have our meet and greet. You may also view the CAG store items as well as our raffle table goodies.

From 12pm until 2pm we will discuss our events and vote on the locations and events for which we will then put onto our 2011 calendar. We will also have the new Gold Carp Pins for you to check out. At each of our official calendar events the gold carp pin will be at stake to win by catching the single largest fish. Our tradition is that our events kick off at 10am and run until 5pm. At 5pm whomever has the largest fish will have earned the gold carp pin. We will also discuss National events that are going on in 2011 and try to organize a group trip to one that appeals to us.

From 2pm until 5pm we will conduct the fundraiser raffle. This is always the highlight of the event and a very fun process. Each item we have up for raffle will have an explanation for what it is and where it came from and then you may purchase tickets at $1 per raffle ticket. No limit. After everyone interested puts in on the item we draw a ticket announce the winner, record the item and move onto the next item.

After 5pm I will have dinner served. Traditionally we have an exotic curry and another dish and that is the plan thus far for this year.

Our goal with the money raised is to purchase items we need for our local scene such as a banner, new website, prizes/awards and other misc. items. We will also aim to get every one in attendance a Full CAG membership.

I’ll be putting together a special custom full 12 month CAG membership for this event.

Please consider donating an item for the raffle to help out your fellow angler and to meet our goals.

If attending please consider bringing along a friend to experience what our local scene is all about.

More details to follow, but please post any questions you have and also if you can make the event.

Very much looking forward to meeting up with all you again as well as meeting the new guys.

Tight lines,

Andy Sprinkle

CAG President

Sorry I wont be able to make it this year Andy due to other commitments. Had a great time last year and I'd encourage anybody new in Mi to make a special effort to be there!

You and Nicki do a great job with this event. yourock.gif

Count me and brendan in we will both be able to make it to this! Not sure about andrew though i need to see with him if he can come.

This event that you are putting on sounds amazing! I cant wait for this one!

Looking foward to seeing you guys once again.

Great job Andy and Nikki! :lol:

Sorry I wont be able to make it this year Andy due to other commitments. Had a great time last year and I'd encourage anybody new in Mi to make a special effort to be there!

You and Nicki do a great job with this event. yourock.gif

We'll certainly miss ya buddy,

Have a great time down south :)

Count me and brendan in we will both be able to make it to this! Not sure about andrew though i need to see with him if he can come.

This event that you are putting on sounds amazing! I cant wait for this one!

Looking foward to seeing you guys once again.

Great job Andy and Nikki! :lol:

Very cool!! Make sure to save up your lunch money Happy Pants :lol:

It's going to be a great year :D

Money is saved (Dont get to upset when i take yours instead of kevs this year :rolleyes: ) , ive got gear to throw in the raffle, and i am ready!!!

Yep this your is going to be awsome!:D

Should be no problem for me! See you there!

Should be no problem for me! See you there!

Better be no problem :lol: Be good to see ya buddy

Looking forward to meeting everyone, just need to where to go.

Awesome!! I'll send ya a pm with my address and phone number. Looking forward to meeting up with ya. :)

Looking forward to seeing everybody again! Michigan winters are VERY long.

Our Michigan group is a great group of people, definitely worth being a part of.

So dust off your gear. See what you need, and bring the stuff you don't.

Hope to see you there!

What kind of items would be needed for raffle?

Hello Robbie,

Thanks for asking.

Basically anything that you think another sportsman can use or appreciate. Here is the list of items we aquired for last year:

Ryan Charter fishing trip

Andy Special Bait Stop bucket

Carp Mags/books

Multitool/bait needle(Combined)

Dave Ash Bait and Misc

kbar knife

Mixes/bait slimey dip etc

Carpology Hat & Magaazines

Bait Stop Flavorings Bucket

Unhooking mat

Landing net

Carpology Tee kit

Shimano bag

Weightsling

Unhooking mat

Camo Rig wallet

Dam bag

Landing net

Headlight

Cooker

Machette

$20

Dual fuel stove

Lead molds

Andy Jacket

Buck 110

Boillie rolling table

Grinder

fly rod with reel

Sudoko game

Andy Jacket

Mess kit

Andy Jacket

You know i'll be there! Can't miss one of these. Will have to work on that raffle item. Possibly do the guided trip again?

You know i'll be there! Can't miss one of these. Will have to work on that raffle item. Possibly do the guided trip again?

Guided trip would be freakin sweet!! No pressure though :D

I saw that you mentioned rods for sale?

Get a hold of me bro B)

Please post here or contact me if you are interested in coming so I can get an estimate on food/drink as well as the custom baits I will be making for this event.

Attendance list thus far:

Myself

Nikki

Austin

Brendan

Don

Kev

Mark L.

Santosh

Ryan

Robbie

Brandon

Mark P. and 2 friends

Possibles:

Richard

Anna

Daniel

Robert

Bob B.

Bill

Dan

Richie

Dave

Jeff

Dru Daddy

Lil Andy

Paul

For anyone coming from afar or out of state please let me know so we can make arrangements for staying the night before or the night of.

Please consider bringing an item for the raffle B)

Andy,

I would like to donate and all inclusive carp/salmon fishing weekend.

This would include:

Carp fishing in some of my best spots

Salmon fishing on Lake Michigan from my salmon rig (I will cover all the gas ect)

A place to stay (My house)

Food

I will even clean your salmon for you.

Dates can be worked out later as I would rather take someone fishing on the big lake during nice weather.

Andy,

I would like to donate and all inclusive carp/salmon fishing weekend.

This would include:

Carp fishing in some of my best spots

Salmon fishing on Lake Michigan from my salmon rig (I will cover all the gas ect)

A place to stay (My house)

Food

I will even clean your salmon for you.

Dates can be worked out later as I would rather take someone fishing on the big lake during nice weather.

Wow...I'll get a hold of ya soon...