Carp Anglers Group Forums

This Is Your Magazine

Bill Stoltz

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who submitted stories for the winter NACA.

But what I would really like to say, is that this is all of our magazines and it is never to early to think of a story to submit. I have some ideas im working on for the next couple of issues, but I really need everyones help getting me material.

I am kinda writing this to let you all know that you don't have to be the best speller or maybe your not a great story teller, well im here to tell you just give it a shot, I am here to help with the spell checking and grammatical issues. I would love to have a stockpile of "filler" stories.

So what can YOU do for YOUR group?

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who submitted stories for the winter NACA.

But what I would really like to say, is that this is all of our magazines and it is never to early to think of a story to submit. I have some ideas im working on for the next couple of issues, but I really need everyones help getting me material.

I am kinda writing this to let you all know that you don't have to be the best speller or maybe your not a great story teller, well im here to tell you just give it a shot, I am here to help with the spell checking and grammatical issues. I would love to have a stockpile of "filler" stories.

So what can YOU do for YOUR group?

Hi Bill was my article pulished???

• 2 months later...

Well here I am close to another deadline, I have a few great stories but not as many as I was hoping for. I just wanted to emphasize this one little thing, without stories from our readers, there is no NACA. I have seen many many conversations about NOT wanting to get rid of the magazine but honestly, without stories its hard to print a good magazine.

I am not trying to stir the pot or anything, but this is a great opportunity to get yourself published in a real magazine. I know the first time I got a story printed I was super stoked, I showed everyone, I bought extra copies from BCT. I know its not field and stream, I know its not bassmasters or b.a.s.s. but I will say this, It is, "the only glossy printed carp magazine in the US". Now that to me means something.

So please, Do not hesitate to send something in.

Bill can you post up the quarterly deadlines please.I won't be fishing for a few more weeks but I will see what I can do for next time. What kind of articles are you looking for? You can pm me if you like.

I have a how I did it story that ran on the forum in 04 and won me the CCC damn yankee award and ran in the NACA that year. I have the copy and photos if you would want to go with the story. let me know.

I might try my hand at this but like Brian it'll be a couple weeks before I start fishing. Supposed to snow tooday and I hate snow with a passion. Anything I could contribute now would be old hand. Will try to present a story after I get fishing again!

I might try my hand at this but like Brian it'll be a couple weeks before I start fishing. Supposed to snow tooday and I hate snow with a passion. Anything I could contribute now would be old hand. Will try to present a story after I get fishing again!

Nothing better than a snow carp story :P

Will you be posting links to the stories here in the bulletin boards? The most recent one I see is 2010 Q3?

Dave

For a mere $25 a year you could have your own personal copy of every NACA story delivered to your door. :)

Iain