Carp Anglers Group Forums

Cabin Fever Contest

Bill Stoltz

Well after much thought, discussion, and even more thought, I have come up with something that I hope will interest many of you to compete for a chance at having your mug shot or your favorite picture on the cover of our NACA.

Do I have your interest now?

So here is what I am proposing. Any of you can submit me your story with pictures from this date till March 5th. Any story you would like to write me.

Here are some ideas: Cabin Fever stories, what are you doing during your off season? Are you surfing the net constantly? Are you cleaning gear, ordering new stuff, site seeing and doing some new water recon missions?

Or are you fishing for something else other than carp. Are you spending a ton of time with the family as you know you will be neglecting them for the next six months or so?

Anyway, as you can tell, this can be any story you want, about any subject, if you submit it to me before date mentioned above, and your story is the winning story, you will get your photo of choice on the very front cover of the spring naca. As well as printed inside the magazine.

(we reserve the right to decline and ask winner for a different photo) Please keep in mind this is a carp magazine and your photo that you choose should be "somewhat" related.

The main reason for this Idea, is I have had a certain few people request the cover shot, well now here is their chance to win that luxury.

There may be other gifts donated for the winner before the deadline.

All stories will also be considered for submission to upcoming NACA'S

Btw, I will edit all stories, so maybe your not the best writer, maybe you didnt get straight A's in spelling class, THAT'S FINE, MY JOB IS TO CHECK AND CORRECT YOUR STORY.

so let the stories begin!!!!!! Just click the link below for email address.

Must be a CAG member in good standing to compete!!!

Edited by Bill Stoltz

sounds like fun , will try to win , at least once something ;)

btw i think it would be better idea to post stories here and vote for them .

I would have them posted here for vote, but, getting them from here to me is sometimes difficult, and also, I have heard it sometimes will make people not send one in if the first one to submit has a really good story. It is best that I receive all the stories, then the BOD will vote on a top three, and then we will put those three on the board to vote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any word on what's going on with this ???

well, yes and no, not getting many stories in to be honest. I am hoping some more would come in as march is coming to an end soon.

any stories submitted by april 3rd will be considered for this contest. and the winner will get to put his picture on the cover.