Carp Anglers Group Forums

Stainlees Steel reel seat

David Moore

Guys, for all you real Tackle Tarts out there, that Rod (Dean's Rod) is a Custom ACS series I - 12ft, 3.25Ib Tc Harrison Blank, Fuji SIC's, Century stainless reel seat, Carbon butt grip and stainless butt cap lovingly assembled/built by Nick Buss in the U.K.

Stainless Reel Seat will set you back a cool £45 as part of an Extreme ACS Custom Rod Order.

or... at an exchange rate of £1 = $1.80 it'd be $81

Once the Custom rod order is finalized, ACS members get their 10% discount. :D

Sure does look sweet don't it!!! :D

Cheers,

Wayne

ps We'll have all options on full view on the web site very soon along with the excellent "Made In America" Carp Rods and a full range of tackle... Have got a load of additional "stuff" in the pipe line, stay tuned, all very exciting... :D

Guest Cactus Carp

David

Surprised to see my rod here! yes i'm a tackle tart :D I can live with that.

As for the oven mitt, I always take my portable shade with me a 8X12' tarp with poles and fish at night mainly :D Never leave home with out it :D

You beat me putting any pics here on the rod :D Looking forward to putting it good use, should catch a few persons eye and some fish.

Dean :D

that is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeze guys:

I don't want to pop any bubbles but these reel seats (I'm assuming they're make of a 300 series

stainless steel) look really good but the material has the same metallurgic quallity as brass. All of the corosion resistant stainless-steels are no better than brass but are silver in color.

For $81 I think you are the victims of indulgance.

For $81 they should be made of a titanium alloy which is about 1/2 the weight of stainless steel and about

4X the tensile strength. Extreme temperature and corrosian resist. A true space age alloy.

Stainless steel is dog $hit.

MOO (My Opinion Only)

Fran

Guest Cactus Carp

Damn Yankee

Have you had a bad expereince with stainless steel ? Yes I bought the seat because I liked it looks and that reason alone. A victim of indulgence call what ya want.

Thats one reason I work to buy things I want.......All it has to do is hold the reel to the rod just like all the other seats, plastic or what ever.

I don't do much fishing in the rain in Arizona so corrosion is not a big factor either. Everyone has their opinions....go fish...

Dean :D

Guest len perdic

Damn Yankee is correct that all stainless will rust, but I will buy that Titanium reel seat for $81.00 from you Damn Yankee...that is after you pay $150 for the material first...my choice would be aero aluminum anodized piece (similar to some centrepin reels that are made these days...much stronger, lighter and cost affective.

MOO

Len.

Just a quick aside here guys - a little birdy tells me these Stainless Reel seats are available in Japan for about $15 a pop. There are lots of rods that have them as standard over there. Also tell me why the actual part that tightens down on the reel is actually plastic like the regular seats?

Guest phonebush

Damn Yank,

I checked mine. One is 17-7 PH and the other is 440C. I use them the seat my Zebco 33's on my Ugly Stiks.

Only for a tackle tart for sure! Beyond my understanding. Is there an ASTM standard for the word "stainless"?

Phone