Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Clark

Team K-1 Takes On The Atc

Well it was a rough couple of days for Ben and myself, we tried everything to get the fish into the swim but nothing seemed to work for us, Ben was following the results on the onlinekeepsack and was very frustrating hearing how well the other side of the lake was producing.

Day 1 we pulled the Gazebo and heard a few people mention that they were jealous, well we hauled our gear down and sep up and shortly after we heard a decent crash to the left of me, we were optimistic and started spombing the entire area and waited, and waited, and then waited some more, we did not hear another crash for many hours and when we did it was in such a place that we could not cast to.

The blank fest lasted all day no matter how much I spombed out there, I tried 6 or 7 different flavors of maize and then tried 4 or 5 flavors of boilies I tried a Buffalo Rig to no avail.

It was getting late and still nothing but turtle bites and then at around 5:30 while I was talking to Mr. Kleen I heard one of my alarms start to beep a little but I ignored it thinking it was a turtle but then it screamed and I knew I finally had a fish on, I set the hook and there was a little pull but not much and all of a sudden it just started ripping line off and my rod bent pretty seriously, I knew I had a decent fish on, as the battle continued I was telling Ben that I might be looking at a new PB common, it was much stronger than the past 2 30s that I have caught, after a 15 minute battle Ben spotted the fish and said it was a Buffalo, I was shocked, I have had Buffalo fight hard before but not like this. I was very excited when we finally got it on the bank, it was the biggest fish I have ever seen banked.

The marshal showed up and did the official weigh in and she came in at

42 lbs even and a new PB

baseballfields2-25-11001.jpg

Day 2 we drew I-35 West and it was a replay of the day before.

I want to congratulate Mike and August on a job well done

Thats a dandy Buff! What flavor bait/pick up did she take?

We got some decent Buffs here in WV I'd like to catch, nothing I know of like you fellers have in Texas though!

Thats a dandy Buff! What flavor bait/pick up did she take?

We got some decent Buffs here in WV I'd like to catch, nothing I know of like you fellers have in Texas though!

I caught her on K-1 butterscotch maize, she fought as hard on harder as any common I have ever caught

Ok thanks! I have some K-1 Butterscotch Flavoring, I'll give it a go around here on some known buff hangouts!

It was getting late and still nothing but turtle bites and then at around 5:30 while I was talking to Mr. Kleen I heard one of my alarms start to beep a little but I ignored it thinking it was a turtle but then it screamed and I knew I finally had a fish on

Never ignore those little beeps... :o

Fantastic fish!

Great Buff and thanks for messing with my alarms all the time! :lol:

Great Buff and thanks for messing with my alarms all the time! :lol:

Had to makesure you were not sleeping bob

That was a large fish...Steve is not kidding, this thing fought 100% like a big male carp. Constant FAST (not like buffalo usually) drag-stripping runs, solid one toner on the alarm, covered a good 50 yards of real estate several times. I was extremely shocked when I saw it was a buff.

Steve left out one of the best parts...he won a nice chunk of pocket money with this fish (buff side pot). B)

That was a large fish...Steve is not kidding, this thing fought 100% like a big male carp. Constant FAST (not like buffalo usually) drag-stripping runs, solid one toner on the alarm, covered a good 50 yards of real estate several times. I was extremely shocked when I saw it was a buff.

Steve left out one of the best parts...he won a nice chunk of pocket money with this fish (buff side pot). B)

Thanx for a superb netting job Ben

That's a gorgeous buffalo right there. Look at those pearly coal-black eyes! I'm a big fan of these awesome fish... I'd fly to Texas just for that one fish in a heartbeat. Congratulations!

-Marius