Carp Anglers Group Forums
Pawel Sander

Almost Two Years I Was Waiting For This Day...

Yeah...almost two years I was waiting for this day...

Two years ago I caught my personal best carp at 31 lbs 14 oz, that was a amazing moment in my carping, I knew from now I will bring to the net only bigger fish, but two next years I did not reach 30 lbs weight of carp :(. I had many carp between 25-29 lbs but I have never caught carp over 30 lbs again until today :)

After very busy four last days in Taxi business (Spring Break came) I decided to take day off and go fishing today. I prepared my bird food mix, groundbait, and new tied KD rigs with new Korda hooks and was ready to go.

Nice weather, sunny day with 40 F and some wind, this is all what I needed to get some rest from the work and enjoy my passion of carp fishing.

I went to our great winter spot in Milwaukee.

post-4522-0-98698700-1301538697.jpg

Three rods in the water, three KD rigs with three World Classic Baits 10 mm pop-up Anise flavor.

One rod with PVA Mash filled bread and boilies, no method mix. And this set started produced first.

I started with this nice fish.

post-4522-0-60578700-1301538222.jpg

post-4522-0-28865100-1301538719.jpg

After 30 minutes I got scream of my Delkim...fish on..

Carp slowly was taking line out of the spool, and I could not lift it up !!! I knew it is BIG fish.

I pulled fish closer to bank, but still carp was very deep in the water.

After 10 minutes going to the left and right I finally started to lift fish up...

...and after while I saw it !!! Yes, over 30 lbs for sure ;)

and I was right !!!

After two years of waiting, learning of carp fishing and getting experience I brought fish over 30 lbs to the net.

post-4522-0-39945400-1301538561.jpg

30 lbs 9 oz

post-4522-0-16543600-1301538580.jpg

I was so happy !!!

...and I hope I will not wait for another one next two years :)

I would like to thank to Erni and Magda from World Classic Baits for providing those great products for us !!!

Again Anise flavor of 10 mm pop-up was a key for big fish today.

Paul

Edited by Paul Sander

Paul thats a great fish and I see your using my sky pod HAHAHA When you come to Blackfoot we will have to get you into a 30+lb mirror.... B)

Great looking fish

Magic my friend - pure class :yourock: It just shows how much we often have to work for better things, and some times - our prayers/efforts are answered. I know your heart is in the right place Paul - keep on doing the good work you do - please!! B)

Paul thats a great fish and I see your using my sky pod HAHAHA When you come to Blackfoot we will have to get you into a 30+lb mirror.... B)

Can not wait till end of the summer when I will be on the road all the way to west to Idaho :)

ps. I can bring Sky pod there if you are interested :)

Fantastic stuff my friend, real happy for you. ;)

if I see Your avatar here on CAG forum I am thinking I have long, long way before me in carp fishing yet ;)

Thanks Mario :)

Edited by Paul Sander

Magic my friend - pure class :yourock: It just shows how much we often have to work for better things, and some times - our prayers/efforts are answered. I know your heart is in the right place Paul - keep on doing the good work you do - please!! B)

Thanks Brid,

o yes my heart is on the right place :) and today was beating very fast :)

For moments like this is worthy wait long time :)

Nicely done, Paul!! You should stop in and do some carp fishing with me in South Dakota, on your way to Idaho, and see how many states you can get a 30 pounder from! :yourock: