Carp Anglers Group Forums

Well.....what Did U Think

Bill Stoltz

I'm probably going to regret this, but I really am interested in knowing what the members thought of my first issue as editor. Please keep on topic and don't tar and feather me to bad. I am up for ideas of things you may want to see different. Also, hopefully you may have enjoyed the bit of a difference I had in this issue.

Remember the color was not my part.

Just got mine have not really sat down and read it yet My son got it out of the mail yesterday and was looking at it so I have only had a glipse but what I have seen looks great

Bill

Good job - I especially liked the quality of the contributions in this edition . You have set the bar high there --- I'm looking forward to reading the next one now!!

I think this was perfectly fine. And anyway, how well an editor is doing his job should really be judged over 10+ issues to see how the various facets of carp fishing are properly balanced in the long run.

I know all too well that the stories do not come to the editor by magic, and you will have to trigger them in numerous cases. This is where the big challenge will be for you... Good luck!

Just one suggestion (which is probably in-between the editor and the publisher): given the new (cost-optimized) format mixing B&W pages and color pages, I think that special care needs to be given to the selection of the article (and related pics) that will benefit from the color pages. In this case... well, I'm not sure the choice was optimal.

Just got mine today and just started reading but so far GREAT job BILL :yourock: ....Im not fond of the lack of color BUT I know you aren't to blame I just hope we can fix that issue lol not the same trying to look at the golden beuties with no color

Just one suggestion (which is probably in-between the editor and the publisher): given the new (cost-optimized) format mixing B&W pages and color pages, I think that special care needs to be given to the selection of the article (and related pics) that will benefit from the color pages. In this case... well, I'm not sure the choice was optimal.

Essentially, what you're saying is that, in your opinion, I shouldn’t have been the cover and that my article shouldn’t have been the feature. Your entitled to your opinion and quite honestly, I was probably the most shocked, when I discovered that I made the cover. I never thanked Bill and Stewart for doing what they did but I am very grateful and humbled by the opportunity to share my opinions, thoughts, and the little bit of my insights I've acquired over the years when targeting big carp.

As for "special care" being given "to the selection of the article that will benefit from the color pages", I'm pretty sure Bill and Stewart did just that and didn't decide in a careless fashion, don't you? ;)

Essentially, what you're saying is that, in your opinion, I shouldn't have been the cover and that my article shouldn't have been the feature. Your entitled to your opinion and quite honestly, I was probably the most shocked, when I discovered that I made the cover. I never thanked Bill and Stewart for doing what they did but I am very grateful and humbled by the opportunity to share my opinions, thoughts, and the little bit of my insights I've acquired over the years when targeting big carp.

Er... I didn't mean it this way. I absolutely enjoyed reading your article, and my comment had nothing to do with the quality of the article. I just meant that the article which has the most pictures that would truly benefit from color pages should be the one in there. That's all I am saying. Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

Er... I didn't mean it this way. I absolutely enjoyed reading your article, and my comment had nothing to do with the quality of the article. I just meant that the article which has the most pictures that would truly benefit from color pages should be the one in there. That's all I am saying. Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

Thank you. Actually, I was going to delete my comment tonight because after rereading your original post, it didn't seem like it was directed directly to me but you replied to it before I got a chance to delete it.