Carp Anglers Group Forums
Austin

Haul Fest On The River!

My friend Brian, my brother Brendan, and Me headed down to the huron river expecting only a couple fish. We got down there at around 9:20, we got out of the car and the river was up about 6 feet! The park that kids play in was under about 2 feet of water and we could not get down to our spot without water booots luckly we had some. It was hard getting there because there was a strong current coming from the river on the side walk we normally walk on. Eventually we got down to the spot. Brian casts out within 15 minutes he hooks up into a hard fighting 8lb carp. By the time Brendan and me cast out we realized the current was way to strong to fish even with 4oz leads because of the water level. Eventually we all switched to fishing one rod. by that time brian hooks up again but loses it because it took him into a fence that was under water. I decided to cast about 10 yards by some branches hanging down in the water because i knew the current wouldnt be as strong by the shore, but i wasnt confident about the cast because in this spot we normally dont catch them that close in. withen 3 minutes i get a run and landed an 11lb carp. I cast back into the same spot only another 2 minutes later i hook up again into a smal 6lb buffalo fish! Throughout the day i kept casting back into that spot and on average i was hooking up almost every 10 minutes with one rod in the water! The biggest of the day was only 15lbs, but with over 24 carp being caught who cares. we lost some to so we had over 28 hook ups. All together i caught 15 my brother 5 and brian im not sure but he was over 6.

PIC_0163.jpg

PIC_0165.jpg

PIC_0166.jpg

PIC_0169.jpg

PIC_0170.jpg

15lber

PIC_0171.jpg

PIC_0174.jpg

PIC_0175.jpg

PIC_0176.jpg

PIC_0177.jpg

PIC_0178.jpg

PIC_0262.jpg

PIC_0260.jpg

Amazing looking scales on this one!

PIC_0259.jpg

Forgot to say bait was grits with creamed corn and red peach flavouring then some panko later on and hook bait was wild peach berry boiled corn.

AWESOME haulin guys as Josh said way to defeat the odds see Josh maybe its time for you to head to your spot and give it a go seing these guys hauled in a blown out river LMAO JK :D

Haha, I wish! Except my spot is 23 feet under water according to the bridge marker this morning=,,,{

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN lol that sucks :o

Awesome job guys!!!! :D Fishing the Huron when it floods in Ann Arbor is one of my favorite things to do haha!

Awesome job Austin! And congratulations on the buffalo! I would love to catch one!

Guest Jenks

Great job guys , when the rivers are high the fish stack on the banks. If you can find those small slack spots where the currents slower you can haul'em like that. Keep up the good work.

:yourock::yourock: great day , niiiccceee!!!!

Great Job Guys, what a day :yourock:

Good job! :yourock: Question about the background: What is in that big buliding behind you? Buildings that look like that here in Chicago usually have a warm water discharge. keep carpin' later

All i know is that the building regulates water between a small crrek and the main river system.