Carp Anglers Group Forums
Stephen Clark

Fun Day At The Lake

Me and a buddy decided to hit the lake and try to land some bigguns before things heated up here in Texas, we arrived by 5:30 am and as soon as we started to set up we started to hear some crashing going on, well this is always a good sign for things to come so we picked up the pace, as we were setting up another friend showed up with his son and said he had pre-baited the swim for the last 2 days, well now I felt kind of bad, like a swim thief lol.

We all got in the water by 6 or so but not with method but just hook bait, My friend who arrived last got the first run and handed it over to his son but the fish got into a snag and was lost grrr. no worries we thought there would be much more to come. About an hour after that one of my alarms started to scream and ended up being a 18 lber.

We finally baited all rods with method and my partner Ben had landed 2 fish both teeners, and then the long wait began, not a single run for probably 6 or 8 hours and finally my buddy chad landed a nice little scrapper thar went around 12 lbs or so, shortly after it's release my alarm went of right after a yak went by and I thought for sure it had caught my line, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was a fish on, after a nice battle it ended up being a nice 26-2 lber.

Here are a few pics of the trip.

IMG_1458.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1454.jpgIMG_1450.jpgIMG_1444.jpgIMG_1436.jpgIMG_1443.jpg

Looks like a great day steve! Place looks very comfy! Wish I had a spot like this near me!

Dude there is soooo many hot chicks running that walkway it is not even funny lol

bad part about that spot is the weeds are a pain, we were fishing in a small cove that was covered with weeds, netting fish was difficult and release was even harder.

Guest phonebush

Stephen,

You say "the" lake. LBL? Looks like the old power plant in the background of some of the pics. Are you fishing on the lake side of the old hot water release channel?

Phone

Well done guys looks like it was a good day and always nice to get spectators maybe some interest was sparked. :D

Well done guys looks like it was a good day and always nice to get spectators maybe some interest was sparked. :D

Last 3 times I have fished that spot there is a bass fisherman that always showes up, we gave him some sweet corn and told him what to do, he did not catch but he saw what can be caught and that is enough for him to keep trying, I gave him the CAG URL and hope he pops in.

I must add to this story, there is one question I heard 3 times during this trip and several other times in the past that really boggles my mind.

"Did you catch that here?"

what kind of question is that?

did these people think it fell from the sky?

did we bring it with us just to take a picture?

please I would like to know what they are thinking.

thats the key they are NOT thinking lol....

I have talked to a few bass fisherman here also and most of them seem to be catch and release fisherman and they ask me why I target carp and my answer is always......I would rather catch a few dozen SMALL 10lb carp than 100 BIG 5lb bass. That and I dont need a $40,000 boat lol ;)

Looks like a great day!!!!

did you catch that there???? i had no idea that was in there? what kinda fish are in there? what are those black thingys?

nice trip man wish i could have joined.

Looks like a nice trip, congrats!

"Did you catch that here?"

what kind of question is that?

That's right up there with "Did you catch that?" when you are standing there holding the rod in your hand. Or maybe I only get that because I'm a chick. :P