Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bill de Brooklyn

After Dark In Nyc

IMGP0345.jpg

taken on a 5 wt w/ 5 tippet. I forgot my net so it took more than 30 minutes to bring this one in. always use a net!

Nice catch but I'm confused, how can you catch carp on a fly at night? I thought you just about had to sight fish for them which sounds impossible at night. I have a lot to learn about carp fly fishing so pardon me if this is a dumb question.

Nice catch but I'm confused, how can you catch carp on a fly at night? I thought you just about had to sight fish for them which sounds impossible at night. I have a lot to learn about carp fly fishing so pardon me if this is a dumb question.

I was fishing at central park in NYC. when the carp took my fly there was some daylight left (after 8:00pm) but it was almost totally dark by the time I was able to land the fish.

Dude, are you nuts,,,,,,CENTRAL PARK ???at Night????? Fly fishing?????

got a death wish I guess??? :)

I was fishing at central park in NYC. when the carp took my fly there was some daylight left (after 8:00pm) but it was almost totally dark by the time I was able to land the fish.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.:lol:

how big are the carp at central park?? i was always willing to try that spot out

recently the lake was drained and it was discovered that the lake has a large number of 30 lb carp. I haven't caught any yet. the park is as safe as any place else. it is not like it was twenty years ago.

I plane to visit the park sooner or later; this may be a grate location for a fish in. I can see the head lines (CARP ANGLER HIT NEW YORK CITEY) did the 30s survive the draining of the lake? Also do you use an indicator wan fly fishing for carp?

the down side to fishing in central park are the tourist. the only time it is quiet is after the row boats are put away; from 10;00am until 7:00pm,boats are on the lake. people are every where. the fish were put back into the lake once the work was completed.

hmmm sounds good, the only thing that sucks is the parking there right?

I don't own a car. they are useless here!

I plane to visit the park sooner or later; this may be a grate location for a fish in. I can see the head lines (CARP ANGLER HIT NEW YORK CITEY) did the 30s survive the draining of the lake? Also do you use an indicator wan fly fishing for carp?

fly fishing for carp is sight fishing, no indicators. you can see when the carp takes the fly.