Carp Anglers Group Forums
Neil Stern

Cag & Uscarppro Magazine A Joint Effort

The Carp Anglers group, and US CARP PRO Magazine have initiated an effort to increase the awareness of our beloved sport,,,,,,,get on your face book page, and support it,,,,,,there will be MORONS and Bow Guys saying disparaging things,,Let em,,,,,,,it doesn't pay to get into a battle of wits with UNARMED people,, ;)

Do your thing,,,,,we can raise awareness dramatically......

Thanks Tony, for the Great Release,,,,,,

Support Go Fishing....

This joint effort is I hope one of many in the future,,,

see here --and Support it!!!

Edited by Neil Stern

I would like everyone to jump on this and show our support for carp angling. The GoFISH'n guys have more than 165,000 followers on Facebook so this is an awesome chance to promote carp angling and CAG. Also, the cooperation with USCP has been more than excellent and a big thank you to Dave, Tony and everyone else involved on their side.

Also Ned and Brian from GoFISH'n have been extremely supportive. This is probably the most mainstream any carp event has ever gone in the US. Help us out promoting the sport and CAG and as Neil said correctly, please do ignore the negative comments. There's no point to get into a slug-fest right now.

Go CARP WEEK!

It's a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of carp fishing in this country and to show (politely) the knee-jerkers that carp represent outstanding sports fishing opportunities for all. Also, there are 160,000 followers of GoFISHn's facebook page. If only one percent decided to join CAG it would represent the single biggest boost in paid memberships ever! Post pics, like others posts, and show your support for Carp Week.

You can find GoFISHn's facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/gofishn

Helluva good start calling people morons, unarmed people and knee jerkers! :lol:

Possum :lol:

this is our Forum,,,,not the one I'm directing you to,,, :)

Pretty funny take on things .........any how,,,,,,get on there and tell a CARPING STORY......

Bring in some members,,,,,, :yourock:

Naaa you guys are doing a fine job! I just wanta watch the slug-fest!

could happen....but not this week,,,,,, :P

THIS IS CARP WEEK,,,,,,, :D

If it does the Rednecks win by a HUGE margin, is that what your trying to accomplish? :lol:

Guest USCARPPROmagazine

I'll add there are very real prizes YOU can win by posting the best carpy content on their facebook page. Gifts cards, caps and even a StCroix AVID carp rod. B)

Thanks Jerome for posting your vids.and to you others for posting up......Guys n Gals, this is a golden opportunity for us to put our best foot Forward and increase AWARENESS and Club membership,,,,hop on the bandwagon a Fantastic effort ;) we couldn't buy this exposure with current funds, or probably eventual funds......Don't be at the AIRPORT when our boat sails,,,,get on board NOW ! :)

could happen....but not this week,,,,,, :P

THIS IS CARP WEEK,,,,,,, :D

I believe Senor Possum makes a good point. Name calling with a group that has a different point of view about our fishing resources can only alienate other anglers who share similar sentiments but do not necessarily buy into their style of fishing.

Hearts and minds are won on the bank with the casual observers who witness a spirited fight from the lowly carp. I have had other anglers plus families enjoying the river and lakes here in Texas come over to see the carp on the bank and all are impressed. I try to be the diplomat and answer their questions about my methods and tackle. The looks on the children tells me that they will remember.

Where I can improve my presentation skills is by how I release the carp back into the water. I throw all my fish back, after they are caught but I guess I will need to show a little more respect to the carp and cradle them, then let them swim off.

FYI.. Mr Stern, I am not unarmed, I own a Taurus Public Defender with 410 shells in the first 3 chambers backed by 45 hollow points in the next 2 for the purpose of snake killing don’t ya know. Its right and proper down here in the Lone Star state.

I don't think Neil's point was to attack any one with name calling. On the contrary, he was merely pointing out what usually happens on any public web site when carp become the topic of discussion. He was asking for us to show up in numbers to voice our support of the fish that we all love.

Guys.....Guys...... y'all read it wrong........let me try this again......

any forum, discussion, blog, will have people pro and people con, to whatever it is that is being discussed,,,,,

Carp have long been the subject of controversy,,,,,Trash fish, Sewer Trout, destructive critters that need to used for fertilizer,,,,,,my point was,,,DO NOT get into heated discussions with these people if you do get on line on the sites alluded to or on FACEBOOK,,,,,,,,don't start an argument, and don't attempt to finish one....just promote what it is that we do,,,,,,and let the readers make their own decisions,,,,,,that's all I intended to state,,,,,

sorry if it was taken the wrong way,,,,really I am,,,,,,

so??? now that I've clarified,,,,does that make it more better????? :)

No shots intended,,,,,,Sorry if there was a misunderstanding,,,,,,,,I hang my head in shame,,,,,BAD NEIL :o

Chit, I can't win for losing........try to ell everyone to promote the positive, and not get into verbal wars, or mud slinging,and I screw up royally,,,,I wrote to Possum and T carp 05, I've just got to use my words more carefully,,,didn't mean to get anybodies bowels in an uproar,and if I did, I am genuinely sorry,,,,,,those of you that know me, know I'm not a confrontational type ;)

sounds like you want to duke it out to me come on putem up putem up lmfao... :lol: I knew what you were trying to say no offense taken here ;)

,,,,,,those of you that know me, know I'm not a confrontational type ;)

This MUST be true......unless Jackie is a Saint! ;)

Iain

Iain,

She is a Saint, but it's true irrespective of that :)

Redcoat,

I can vouch for Neil, he's just like me.

Phone

now that's funny right there, don't care who you are

post-710-0-20406100-1306934849_thumb.gif

This is a huge opportunity to raise the profile of carp angling in North America and reach an audience of more than 160,000 anglers. Go post positive comments, "like" posts and pictures, and support CAG.

LOL. Thank God for the " backspace/ delete" buttons :lol: or I would have been a MORON now by posting negative ;)

I've added the option at registration for " here did you find" us to include "GoFihn"

Thanks,,,,want to see if it spikes with this effort...

fantastic opportunity.... get on Go Fishin(g)

It is hard not to post on some of these uneducated ignorant coments but like you said theres no point in starting that war to each their own I guess. There is a lot of good that could come from this.... :D

Good job everyone. More entities pulling the wagon of promoting carp angling in North America the better.