Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(OH) Vinsanity

Griggs Reservoir Results

Back from another CAG Ohio fish-in. We had a decent turnout with 8 or so anglers showing up between Friday morning through Saturday evening. Fishing was fairly good on Friday but came almost to a halt at sun rise on Saturday.

Rick with a nice fish. I believe this one was right around 20lbs

t8b3g1.jpg

One of a few fish Clayton managed to catch on Saturday

2gwb9kp.jpg

31lbs 9oz! Another 30 coming out of Griggs. (Sorry for the image quality. Haven't had the chance to get the pictures from the other camera.)

2s63kuw.jpg

k4ts0p.jpg

And the release.

1zn1iip.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made it out!

Plans on fishing the Great Miami may be changed to another location. I talked to Rick while at the fish-in and we may change it to a location that holds some larger fish. Any input on locations would be appreciated. We could always do Griggs again :D

Awesome report! That 30 is a hog!

Great catch Vince, wish i had stayed around a little longer, i would have loved to have seen it in the flesh. Fishing was a little slow on the friday, i was getting mainly catfish action, landing 6 channels through the day with most of them giving me screaming takes. I did manage one fish though during the afternoon...this one weighing in at 17lb 8oz. Sorry i missed you Clayton...been a while since we fished together.

post-283-0-04793200-1307927310_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately for me, I showed up at daybreak on Saturday, just as the bite seemed to turn off. Luckily I still managed to land 3 carp, with a catfish mixed in. Got a nice sunburn, too. It's been a tough year for me to make it to the fish-ins, so I was glad to at least get out and fish with some of you. Congrats on the big fish, Vince! Looking forward to the next outing.

Craig - we'll have to try to get together sometime. Definitely been a while

Hey all !! Just checking out some past fishing trips. That was one nice carp for sure !! Da KING !!! hasn't been out for quite some time, maybe a couple years or so, but always enjoy checking up on the guys and gals....OH YEA !!! THE CATKING !!!