Carp Anglers Group Forums

New Pb

Well things are heating up here in Texas but me and my friend decided to brave the 100+ temps today with a high humidity to add to the misery.

We got an early start hoping for the best, well I rigged up my first rod and decided to throw it out without method just to have something in the water, I proceeded to the next rod and my alarm kept chirping, so I mosied on over and noticed my line was nowhere near where I had casted it, this meant one thing, they were letting out water and we had to deal with some strong current.

well I finallty got all my lines in the water with method and they seemed to hold ok and my partner was already starting to haul in a few mid-teeners. I on the other hand had not had any action for over 2 1/2 hours, well finally at around 10ish I landed an 18 lber.

About an hour later I get a screaming run and I was on that rod like stink on chit and the battle was on, at first it fought just like a high teen or low 20 but when I got it to the margins it just would not come in, it was very weedy there so visibility was very low and we could not tell how big it was, we finally got her to the matt and was shocked at how long this fish was.

Enough talk, here it is.

36-4

firststreet36-42.jpg

firststreet36-43.jpg

Guest phonebush

stephen,

What did it fall to? Of course, it is impossible to tell for sure but that could be one of the largest male carp I've seen in a while. VERY nice fish.

Phone

stephen,

What did it fall to? Of course, it is impossible to tell for sure but that could be one of the largest male carp I've seen in a while. VERY nice fish.

Phone

I had been trying various baits during the morning with no results and my friend was catching on Mistral Rosehip boilies so I switched all 3 rods with that and it paid off, the fish would not even fit into my sling lol

great fish steve, thanks for the ride there. yea guys the heat was bad come 1pm, we sais cut off was at 2pm hehe. for me the last fish came with a battle of kids and kayaks. as i was packing up a rod went off, i look up and there is 12 yaks over my lines. i had to fight this fish with the rod tip low to the side. they finally got the hint,"hey he has a fish maybe we should move" and i got it in. it was a low teener. great day tho despite the heat.

• 3 weeks later...