Carp Anglers Group Forums
FishermanSudit

Cincinnati Carp Fishing

My family and I are going to be vacationing around the Cincinnati area here in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some carping fishing locations that we could visit while we are in the area? Thanks in advance for the suggestions! laugh.gif

My family and I are going to be vacationing around the Cincinnati area here in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some carping fishing locations that we could visit while we are in the area? Thanks in advance for the suggestions! laugh.gif

Ohio river near downtown on either side has good access and many fish can be caught. May have to cut thru some smaller fish to get a 20lber.

Amurs are also there and they get big in the ohio river. \

If you want smaller water I would try Pine Hill in Mason (near Kings Island) there are a couple semi famous fish there and its a pretty park. You could take the family they have a water feature for the kids and swings and stuff. You would have to buy a day pass to fish it.

PM me if you want and maybe we could meet up. River Rick, Goosbuster, and TimJC are all local as well.

Where in Cincinnati will you be staying? Like Rod mentioned, Pine Hill is only a couple minutes from King's Island/Great Wolf Lodge. I haven't fished there this year and only fished there once last year, but in years past I have landed mirrors to 28lbs and a common at 32lbs. If you are interested in fishing there, I can prebait a swim and even meet you there. The only downsides are that there is no bankside parking and you have to purchase a daily fishing pass from the Mason Community Center for $7/day.

Some photos of fish from Pine Hill

Pine Hill looks like a really neat place. We are going to be staying around the Kings Island area. My wife is finalizing the dates that we will be staying at the hotel, but I know we will be there sometime during the week of 8/13 to 8/21. Looks like some really nice fish were caught there too.

My favorite stream for carp in Cincinnati is the Mill Creek, but I must admit I haven't had much success. However there are countless nuimbers of very large carp in the stream and plenty of public access.

Hi Steve...great to see you here. Don't believe we've met but as this older thread has already stated we have several CAG members in your area and spread up and down Interstate 75 between Cincy and Dayton. We've got Fish In's Scheduled every month from Apr - Nov and would be great if you could join us at one. Good fishing to you...see you on the bank.

Tim's the man for Pine Hills, if there alive still Tim has caught them. Another regular at Pine Hills is Gary Parish, used to spend many hours there., good luck.

I look forward to joining you in a fish in. In time I hope to figure out how to catch some of these giant carp I see all the time in the Cincinnati Mill Creek and do it with my fly rod.