Carp Anglers Group Forums

Funds

KingKool

Make me wonder why previous member are not members of CAG now.

Just curious why it happens.

I think the main reason it happens is the fact there are many outlets out there nowadays that are free. Cag is not like it used to be when I first joined. IT has a lot to do with the economy as well. The only thing you really got was the naca and that was taken away. In all honesty if I would have known the naca was going to get canned I probably would have just done a yearly membership instead of doing a 5 year since I thought i was getting a good deal at the time.

I was curious since Bill asked the question and I looked in the member only section and I don't see what the money is going to be spent on. Now that the naca is gone there should be a lot of funds left over after expenses but I don't see possible new expenses that will use up the funding.I know of things mentioned but nothing was set in stone.

One of the reason I still pay and I will my membership of CAG is because I want to be a part of this big promotion of carp fishing in USA.

50 $ is not a huge amount just to proudly tell people around: I am a member of Carp Anglers Group the biggest carp fishing organization in North America.

I totally trust Andy and his crew and I know and see they do great job and use our funds in good purposes.

One of the reason I still pay and I will my membership of CAG is because I want to be a part of this big promotion of carp fishing in USA.

50 $ is not a huge amount just to proudly tell people around: I am a member of Carp Anglers Group the biggest carp fishing organization in North America.

I totally trust Andy and his crew and I know and see they do great job and use our funds in good purposes.

That is right I am the same way I pay for my membership to support the club so it can grow bigger and bigger

KingKool what have you spend your last 20 thousand on?

Edited by Daniel

The hope is that CAG can bring back the NACA when CAG gets the funds. It was stopped because CAG didn't have the funds to carry on having it printed. I don't have the information to tell you where it's going at this point, maybe some one who does will speak up until then play nice.

I thought Andy made a great report at the CCC meeting for the state of CAG at present and where we hope to go. We have some very dedicated folks working hard to promote CAG. :yourock:

It's only $25 in the U.S. but with that tarty new pod, you need to pay more! ;)

Well, as a director I just filled the clubs Lear Jet and that ran me almost 75 K :lol:

OK let's try this then,,Awards, sponsorships, kids events, Web site maintenance,stocking the on line store, purchasing membership packets, underwriting fishing events,postage, and recovery from the Naca losses, plus a host of others,,,,,,it should be known that all directors pay their own way to all events, no humongous expense accounts, and directors volunteer time energy and talent, Most of our Major events, by the time you factor in Permits, Insurances, food, etc, are mostly BREAK EVEN.......been a while since I handled New member packets, but by the time you took into consideration, the purchase of materials to put in them ( some items are donated but some are not) postage to mail it out, etc, that 25 dollar membership was dwindled down to about half,,,,,I personally think we do terrific on about 14 bucks or less on a new member :D

We have plans to make an even bigger presence in the sporting world and that takes money,,,,,not only do we need to counter the BAD PRESS, and MEAT EATERS, and MEAT KILLERS, but we need to establish the club and our targeted friends as a bona fide Sports mans Club and the CARP as a sport fish,,,,,,,doesn't come cheap, and it's not easy.....

We sure could use some more help.....

That is right I am the same way I pay for my membership to support the club so it can grow bigger and bigger

KingKool what have you spend your last 20 thousand on?

A. This is not the proper forum for a discussion of my personal finances.

2. I've spent more years as a CAG member than a great majority of the folks (including you!) on this forum, so please do not ever challenge my "CAGness".

C. I asked a simple question regarding the addition of funds to the CAG bankroll, and instead of an explanation, I get "attacked" by some of the club members. (perhaps this is ONE of the reasons that CAG membership has dwindled?!?!?!?)

D. Thank you Neil Stern, for stepping up to the plate and providing some information on my question.

E. see signature below re: my CAG tenure(s)

Good day.

EDIT: corrected spelling on the word "personal"

EDIT #2: all kind of spelling errors.....

Edited by KingKool

Mickey - Thank you as well sir..............

Sorry if you took this as attack my bad then, its just 25$ its not much money and if every one else will think like you and others this club will be dead long time ago or not even grow the way it is now

I notice that there is roughly 5200.00 sitting in the "donation" and "fundraiser" pots.

Where is this $$$ going to be spent?

Hello,

The Dollar amount you see is just the number we have raised thus far this year.

The money is used for many different expenses as well as being kept in the bank.

In the CAG members section of the forum we have a "CAG Finances designated section". This year I started posting Quarterly Reports with a complete breakdown of the income of CAG and the expenses.

What has it been spent on?

A good majority of the funds are in the CAG coffers.

An individual donated $2,000 of the Donation money and had instructions to use those funds for items in the CAG store.

Here are just the different CAG expenses at the halfway point (end of June) of 2011:

Postage:

Stamps.com

USPS

Bank Fees:

B of A Monthly

Paypal Fees

Utilities:

Wild Apricot

Jaguar PC

Invision power Services

NACA Expenses:

Sales Commission

Publishing

Mailing

Printing

Advertising:

Google/Facebook Ads

CCC Expenses:

Hall & Venue Deposit

Raffle Prizes

Insurance

Supplies:

YMC Enterprise (banner)

Western Ohio Graphics

Uline

Pin pros

DVD's/Boilies/Hooks

Plaques

Brochures/Sign up forms

Hoodies/Shirts/Hitch Covers

ATC Expenses:

trophies,permits,shirts,corn

Insurance

Pizza & Dinner

Tips,gas,drinks

In Sports Show Expenses

Accountant Services

A. This is not the proper forum for a discussion of my personal finances.

2. I've spent more years as a CAG member than a great majority of the folks (including you!) on this forum, so please do not ever challenge my "CAGness".

C. I asked a simple question regarding the addition of funds to the CAG bankroll, and instead of an explanation, I get "attacked" by some of the club members. (perhaps this is ONE of the reasons that CAG membership has dwindled?!?!?!?)

D. Thank you Neil Stern, for stepping up to the plate and providing some information on my question.

E. see signature below re: my CAG tenure(s)

Good day.

EDIT: corrected spelling on the word "personal"

EDIT #2: all kind of spelling errors.....

I do not see any intentions of attack.

Daniel is right about thinking the same way what You do sir and this way CAG is loosing the members.

If You built this club many years ago and You always been a member sir You should stay with club, no matter what worst or better time...that is my opinion.

And time You spent as a CAG member compere to other, newer members is not really matter now since You are not a CAG member.

It is pointless to saying: "I have been CAG member much longer than others", so what ? What it means now when You are not with us here sir...when You are not using your experience to make this club better.

So, I really would like to know if is possible what was the reason You decided to be not CAG member anymore after so many years being here (if of course it is not personal/financial issue)???

Best Regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Sander

I don't even live in the country, and I'm a member and have donated in the past because I like the values CAG stands for, and I hope to spend my retirement (in 30 years!) fishing all the wonderful waters that will be built over the next 30 years. Maybe I'm a natural born optimist, but you Americans don't know how good you've got it :P

I don't even live in the country, and I'm a member and have donated in the past because I like the values CAG stands for, and I hope to spend my retirement (in 30 years!) fishing all the wonderful waters that will be built over the next 30 years. Maybe I'm a natural born optimist, but you Americans don't know how good you've got it :P

Well said marcus :)