Carp Anglers Group Forums
joepool

Peg Draw?

Were looking for the publics interest on the peg draw. (the pegs are in the sealed envelopes)  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

#2 ,

different,

a change from the past,,,,,,,,

if you pick 2, then return one, and someone gets the one you returned and "socks em into orbit" who you gonna blame :lol: :lol: :lol:

why fix what isnt broken?

option two and three will take a long time. Imagine 3 minutes times 25 teams. that is an hour and 15 minutes to do a peg draw!

wacko.gif

interesting input Scott, and good points,,,,,,,let's see how the vote goes,,,trying to do things a little different for the hell of it,,,, :D :D

once we see how the vote comes out, we'll make a decision,,,,

Why isn't the original method one of the options? That is each team makes a random direct draw of numbered pegs on each day.

ANY method that involves giving a team a CHOICE of swims is completely out of order IMHO. Anyone visiting from out of state (or even a first timer from TX) will only be choosing by guesswork. Locals who fish the lake regularly are already advantaged due to familiarity with a range of spots, hence don't need to spend the first hour or so of each day messing about with a marker rod figuring out the swim. Giving a choice of swims will simply add insult to injury.

Personally, I visited the ATC for the fun of it and had no concern for my chances of winning. However, that certainly was not the case for many long-distance participants. They came to win.

The organizers should do as they see fit......but I fear that allowing teams swim choice will turn this into a contest attended by people from TX. ~8

Iain

it reads choose one envelope.the pegs are in the envelopes.

HaHa

Thanks for the clarification. Very sneaky disguising the pegs as envelopes! :)

I guess I'm an option 1 then.

Iain

ohhhhhh,,,,, I sense Iain is going to try to make it,,,,,, :o you's guys from TEXAS better watch out,,,,,he's a force to reckoned with,, :yourock: I don't care which way it goes,,,just want everyone to have fun,,,,,

,BUT

I plan on listing all of the pegs in advance of the event, and how they produced last year,,so even out of towners will have a pretty good idea of what's happening if we choose to do any other method that we have done in the past :D or even if we use the same old, same old,,,,,you will know in advance of how they produced,,,,

Edited by Neil Stern

I plan on listing all of the pegs in advance of the event, and how they produced last year,,so even out of towners will have a pretty good idea of what's happening if we choose to do any other method that we have done in the past :D or even if we use the same old, same old,,,,,you will know in advance of how they produced,,,,

not trying to stir anything but your logic is a bit flawed thinking that the pegs will fish even close to how they did in prior years when the ATC is scheduled a month earlier than it ever has been.

I have to agree with Scott on posting results from prior years. I have fished the same spot at different times of the year and either blanked or caught. Take for example 35 west, last summer in 100+ degree temps I caught. A month later it only produced 4 fish early, while Neil, and Carl blanked. At the Atc it didn't produce. Listing the pegs early for the out of towners to scout, seems like a good idea. Still us local boys will have the upper hand.

Nothing wrong with my logic Scott, just lets people know how pegs perform :D

there is never any guarantee of what pegs produce what that's a given, :o but it would be nice if people knew, just an FYI for them,,,,so I'm going to do it anyhow :D Last time I fished the event, Jackie and I threw everything out at the Bamboo Swim,, not a single hit, next day Jim Sugihara and hos partner had the swim and literally knocked em dead,,,,go figure???? that's why they call it FISHING,,,,not CATCHING

................................ that's why they call it FISHING,,,,not CATCHING

Maybe in Texas. Up here we call it Sterning ............

`

Craig you ol rattlesnake,,,,,,,,,,you gonna fish this one????? :lol::D

is it STERNING for Catching or Fishing??? ~8

Edited by Neil Stern

Even if it was scheduled the same weekend as before the same winning pegs would not necessarily win again...

Even if it was scheduled the same weekend as before the same winning pegs would not necessarily win again...

Absolutely true as is the comment Scott made earlier about the earlier date probably changing things. However, I'd still wager that a member of the LSCB would most likely be much better qualified to make an informed choice than, for example, some daft Brit from MA. ~8

Iain

ohhhhhh,,,,, I sense Iain is going to try to make it,,,,,, :o you's guys from TEXAS better watch out,,,,,he's a force to reckoned with,, :yourock: I don't care which way it goes,,,just want everyone to have fun,,,,,

Neil

I am indeed giving it serious thought. I just need to find some poor soul who is foolish enough to haul fish on my behalf while I blank. ;)

Iain

Craig you ol rattlesnake,,,,,,,,,,you gonna fish this one????? :lol::D

is it STERNING for Catching or Fishing??? ~8

Afraid my days in Tejas are over. :(

I don't think anyone would think STERNING would be catching............ LOL

now that's funny Iain

I would prefer pick two, drop one on the first day. Second day should be reverse order of standing after first day - pick the peg you want.This would give the guys with a bad swim the first day their choice of swim on the second day.

will run it past the committee........

Dr. Neil--Has the peg draw system been finalized yet? If we Yankees have to choose based on past peg performance, we need some time to research. :lol: Please let us know asap. Thanks. --Frank

There have been a few suggestions kicked around,,,,looks like we'll go with what we went with in the past....

1) there will be a drawing for the order in which to draw :huh:

2) then pegs will be drawn in that order on the first day....peg draws will be recorded.

3) then off you go to the peg........

4) on the 2nd day there will be a REVERSE order of the draw.....then off you go....

so??? let's say we have 25 teams......lets say you come up for your team on Friday morning, and you draw #5,,,after all the peg order draws have been drawn, you will the 5th one to actually draw a peg.. :D ........on the 2nd day, you will be the 20th one to draw a peg... ;)

All pegs will be in sealed envelopes and , will have directions from the hotel on how to get there,,,,potty places are few and far between BUT they will be identified in the packet,,,,,,,the peg packet will also have a Score Card, and a little pencil to record captures,,,,,recorded captures must be weighed by a nearby team member, and signed on the card,,,, length & girth will also be recorded,,( you will be given a CAG linen tape measure at the CORN BOIL for that purpose),the,inside of the score card will be for Commons, Mirrors, Koi,,,,,,(these are the only fish that qualify) one side for each team member, back of the scorecard will be for Buffs, Grassers, kitty's, bodies, , hats whatever,,,,only the buff category needs to be vouched for by an opposing team member, as there is an award for the Largest Buff, All verified Captures must be called in to me,as soon as the fish is released, so we can be as "spot on" in reporting the event to Ken at the keepsack, so he can post it on the CAG site so the world knows what's going :party0012icon: on and signed score cards need to be returned to me at the close of each day, at the hotel,,,,,all anglers are encouraged to bring a CAMERA, we will download all captures on to a computer, so that hopefully during the Banquet, we can have 2 days worth of fish to look at,,,and everyone can see how everyone else did...Good thing there is committee working on the ATC. August is working on a photographer, and individual that will go from peg to peg, be at the Corn boil and Banquet who will hopefully capture the event, and we have CD's available in the CAG store for those participants that want them,( this is in the stages of Formulation)

OH, and during the event, I will have my FAT ARSE at a table near the 1st bridge, with a CAG Banner, and CAG materials explaining what's going on to Joggers, dog walkers and the like,,,while y'all are haling and breaking PB's,,, :jumpy:

Sorry for the long winded response, ,,,but I figured I'd just get it out there for ya...

Still waiting to hear from some sponsors of gifts....but they are coming in daily.....There will be an Auction, and door prizes. door prizes range from FINS Braid Samples, to hand, foot & body warmers,to polarized sun glasses, to koozies , to whatever else moves me .....good stuff and gag stuff ..

Bring gently used unwanted sportsman equipment so we can Auction it off,,,,,all proceeds go to CAG to further the sport,,,,,,,Local newspapers have been alerted, and local television as well......so we do expect some coverage,,,( I hope)

Everyone that breaks their PB will get a MUG award.( we have recorded PB's on the registration forms)..we are doing our best to make this the best event EVER !!! Everyone that runs an event has my deepest respect,,,,I had forgotten just how many loose ends there could be and how difficult it can be,,,if it weren't for the ATC committee, each person doing their share, this could have never happened....Thanks to all that have ever done this for CAG

post-710-0-90451200-1327243375.jpg

post-710-0-79434800-1327243389_thumb.jpg