Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Austin

Great Day At Detroit Part 2

Brendan and me met up with Daniel and his friend down at the detroit river on Sunday and the day ended up being pretty good even against all the very strong winds. All in all i got 4 out of 7 with my biggest being 21lb 8oz, brendan got 2 out of 3 with his biggest being 20lb 8oz, and Daniel and his friend didnt end up getting one. The hook bait that all the fish were caught on was whole kernal corn, and pack bait was panko, with creamed corned flavoured with Hawg Daddy from R&W and Grape.

I actually hooked my 21 twice within ten minutes, becaue i had a run on my smaller rod and when i got there the fish took me into somthing and ended up cutting my line almost straight away and about ten minutes later i got a slow run on my right rod and when i got him in i took two of my hooks out of his mouth, and looking at one it was the rig that just got cut off by that carp on my other rod ten minutes ago. :)

Hers the two pics i got, Daniel has more pictures to post when he has time.

My 21lb 8oz

bb.jpg

Brendans 20lb 8oz

bbbb.jpg

Edited by Austin

Good job guys - you certainly have perseverance! Stick at it and lets see if we can see some true winter carp?

Personally I've had a little switch from fins to fur for a while.......

Great job, guys. For two young fishermen, you really know how to fish. Love your posts. Keep it up!