Carp Anglers Group Forums

I'm wondering if I should wish for a Bum Park or Jackson spot where I can sit in my car while it's raining, or if I should be adventurous and hope for one of those unsheltered pegs on the east side of the river. I guess it doesn't matter, as the random peg draw tells you where to go. With those middle pegs eliminated and if the rain doesn't adversely affect the bite, it could be a haulfest! Huge!

Ill have to bring the brollie just in case. I dislike sitting in the child rain lol but if I'm catching thats a different story

Ill have to bring the brollie just in case. I dislike sitting in the child rain lol but if I'm catching thats a different story

I totally agree, Zach. I'll take freezing temps and a foot of snow over a cold rain any day, especially during a fishing session. In addition, catching a few always improves the weather, whatever it is. Good luck.--Frank

Heidi is making cream of brocoli soup and potato rolls for everyone B) She will be bringing it around lunch time.

Heidi is making cream of brocoli soup and potato rolls for everyone B) She will be bringing it around lunch time.

That's going to spoil your pot of chili & dirt!! :D

That's going to spoil your pot of chili & dirt!! :D

:lol: we are back down to 16 again...I may have a replacement already but not sure.

No big deal. Scared anglers have dropped out many times, sometimes right in the middle of a contest. I've seen them not show up the last session or two because they are already bellied up. They don't realize that it's the process and not the final destination that makes these contests fun. You're just not going to win every time, and the sooner those boys realize that, the more they will be participants rather than quitters. It's the journey, boys, not the destination. Excuses for not showing are easy and are a dime a dozen. If we end up with 10 or so, that's fine. I'm looking forward to it, win or lose, blank or not, and no matter how many show. --Frank

No big deal. Scared anglers have dropped out many times, sometimes right in the middle of a contest. I've seen them not show up the last session or two because they are already bellied up. They don't realize that it's the process and not the final destination that makes these contests fun. You're just not going to win every time, and the sooner those boys realize that, the more they will be participants rather than quitters. It's the journey, boys, not the destination. Excuses for not showing are easy and are a dime a dozen. If we end up with 10 or so, that's fine. I'm looking forward to it, win or lose, blank or not, and no matter how many show. --Frank

Excuse #1 for Turkey Trot, "The deer are still in rut" :D

im dont want to sound to negitive but i still say, 10 will show :o

Ill bet you a bag of my boilies vs a bag of your Boilies that more than 10 show :o So what you say :D

im dont want to sound to negitive but i still say, 10 will show :o

Larry--Care to double or nothing on that $25 you'll soon be owing CAG? Rain or shine, skeered or confident, newbie or veteran, I'm pretty sure there will be 12 or more at the big turkey bash. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!--Frank

I agree, I like doing these tournaments for fun (not like we'll get rich off them lol) i do it just for the fun

If I'm driving all the way down from Rockford to fish in the rain, you gotta think more than 10 are going to show! At least it won't be snowing and we'll be able to see the far bank!! LOL

I agree, I like doing these tournaments for fun (not like we'll get rich off them lol) i do it just for the fun

Absolutely correct, Sergeant! When luck says it's our turn to win, no matter what the event, we typically win a fraction of the financial outlay we put into this hobby.

The real value is in the experience. That's why, unless I have another commitment, I'll always fish an event or series until the last possible minute of the last possible day, no matter where I am in the standings.

Don't get me wrong. The competition side of carp fishing, for me, really enhances the experience. But, the best part of it is the journey, not necessarily the final destination/result.

That's why no one should ever shy away from competition. Your time will come soon enough.

Anyway, you make a good point.--Frank

If I'm driving all the way down from Rockford to fish in the rain, you gotta think more than 10 are going to show! At least it won't be snowing and we'll be able to see the far bank!! LOL

Larry--That's right. If you are making the 2-hour, 100 mile drive from Rockford, the least the rest of us can do is show up. My only concern is that some people wanted to come to the event, but were told "no" because it was already filled with those that said they would be here. It's a shame that some bailed, although work, family, or whatever sometimes make it unavoidable. I suppose you can look at it in a different way, also. The fewer the anglers, the more bad pegs Mike eliminates. Haulfest, boys! (unless the rain causes carp lockjaw)

"Haulfest, boys! (unless the rain causes carp lockjaw)"

Just keep in mind. Last time it rained at joliet, records were set for numbers and total weight :o I guess some of us forget those things :P

I say bring on the rain, I aint skeeed of a cross river peg, bring youre carts and rain gear because it may be you on the east side :o

Back to 17 again thanks to Mr. Dale anderson of indiana, we have a hoosier carper in the event :yourock:

1...Dale Anderson

2. Tony Sladek

3. Frank Rink

4. Cory Bohmann

5 Dennis Davis

6. Mike Olinger

7. Larry Seeman

8. Andy Burnagiel

9. Teo Chankov

10. Zach Testa

11. Tracy Jourdan

12. Paul Wells

13.Larry Hemmens

14.Mihai aciu

15.Paul Dinea

16.Istvan gyori

17. Bogdan Bucur

Also the gift Certificates from Larry Kirchner at Big worms bait and tackle, have arrived. :yourock:

post-2171-0-76452100-1322161993_thumb.jp

If anyone is interested , the brand new Borrow-tidy I won at the indy top 10 event is for sale for $100.00. I will bring it with me on the 26th if someone wants to buy it . Keep in mind this item retails for $180.00+ Tax . I'm letting it go at almost half the retail price. Pm me or post here if youre interested.

Thanks Mike

post-2171-0-23712100-1322163071_thumb.jp

post-2171-0-91460600-1322163104_thumb.jp

Edited by CARPBOWL

Very tempting as I dont have a cart...

Back to 17 again thanks to Mr. Dale anderson of indiana, we have a hoosier carper in the event :yourock:

1...Dale Anderson

2. Tony Sladek

3. Frank Rink

4. Cory Bohmann

5 Dennis Davis

6. Mike Olinger

7. Larry Seeman

8. Andy Burnagiel

9. Teo Chankov

10. Zach Testa

11. Tracy Jourdan

12. Paul Wells

13.Larry Hemmens

14.Mihai aciu

15.Paul Dinea

16.Istvan gyori

17. Bogdan Bucur

Also the gift Certificates from Larry Kirchner at Big worms bait and tackle, have arrived. :yourock:

post-2171-0-76452100-1322161993_thumb.jp

1. Thanks, Larry K.

2. Great to have Dale in the mix!

3. I thought Paul Wells couldn't make it.

4. Thanksgiving dinner is over. Now it's time to work off those extra pounds with lots of runs on Saturday. Huge!

Im done posting and reposting I will mark pegs and figure that stuff out after peg draw, even if means starting later and ending later. Maybe add your headlamps to the mix theres a chance will be finishing after daylight.