Carp Anglers Group Forums

Ya, if you TAKE 3rd, you win more than Tacy

Like I said, you're restating the obvious; but, this is an open forum, so restate as much as you want. :D

Four more pics:

Jacob with a near 12 pounder

turkey_2011_jacob_11plus.jpg

Rainy venue

turkey_2011_rain.jpg

The popcans added up

turkey_2011_fr_popcan.jpg

Tournament winners

turkey_2011_winners.jpg

Not much that is new has been added, but tournament results have been consolidated into a results website linked below. Thanks again to those who attended: Mihai, Jacob, Bogdan, Paul, Istvan, Cory, Mike, Tony, Tracy, Frank.

2011 Turkey Trot Carp Tournament Results Website is here!

I returned to Joliet's Turkey Trot venue after Mass this morning to retrieve peg flags. Other than a little method mix, which will soon be gobbled up by ducks and squirrels, all pegs were left clean and in great shape. Thanks.

Mike O. was already back at his peg from yesterday. Within 5 minutes of throwing in a line, he landed a 7 plus which would have vaulted him into 2nd place of yesterday's event. Fifteen minutes later, he weighed a 14-10, which would have been yesterday's big fish. Different day. Different conditions. Such is the serendipity of carp fishing. I'm sure that most would have caught more fish had the tournament been held today. On the other hand, it's 37° with a chance for snow.--Frank

Yep different day but same slow results, only reason i went back was to fish the huge bed of bait bogdan left when we where done, yesterday. It hasn't made a difference 3 fish in 3 hours isnt to good for joliet and its starting to snow. Im out of here by 1100 B)

Jacob's Big Fish trophy from the late November Turkey Trot Tournament in Joliet finally came in.

Mike O.--If you stop by the Joliet venue on Saturday, can you pick it up and take it to him on Sunday, Dec. 18 at the Winter Carp league session in Milwaukee? Thanks.--Frank

p.s. Still waiting on Jacob's 2nd place trophy, but it should be here soon.

turkey_2011_jacob_trophy_bigfish.jpg