Carp Anglers Group Forums

Official/unoffical--Permanent/temporary Pegs For Atc

Neil Stern

:lol:

YEP, HERE THEY ARE THE OFFICIAL UN-OFFICAL PERMANENT/TEMPORARY PEGS FOR THE 2012 ATC.....

WHAT'S THE DEAL????

WELL WE ARE TRYING TO ELIMINATE SOME OF THE MORE DISTANT PEGS, AND MIKE IS ON TO SOMETHING THAT MIGHT PAN OUT, SO THESE ARE WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW......

Our objective is to have all the pegs within a reasonable distance of each other to eliminate STEWARDS and the problems created by them.........

so this is about 90 accurate,,,,,,each team will receive printed directions from the Hotel, as well as nearest POTTY and food locations...

sit tight,,,start tying your rigs......and get ready...:D

ATC PEGS at the present time

Not you Dale,,,,,,we can ALWAYS use you......last year, ( I understand) there were some pretty severe issues.. now granted I wasn't there but that's the rumor on the street....

you coming???? can always use you as I know you;re a stand up guy :yourock:

• 5 weeks later...

Any new info on which pegs are going to be used? I coming down early to go on a run through of all the pegs. Water temp, depth, any structure. One other thing, This is my first time and was wondering where peg one is located on your map. I'd like to wet line a line late wednesday and maybe early thursday. Any hints on where? Thanks again, Neil. See you all in a couple weeks. later

careful, can't fish the lake until the event,,,,,,,,RULES,,,,,,,,

pegs 1 & 2 will NOT be used as they are remote, and do not lend themselves to anglers having captures verified from an adjacent team,,,,

I suggest you go to Emma Long, about 30 minutes from the hotel, and try to nail a massive Buffalo...

That's actually what I meant was near-by water. I understand peg placement but that numbering system is gonna need to be explained that is according to what I'm reading. In order as it reads on your chart: 23,21,20,13,14,16,17,18,12,11,09,26,15,08,07,04,06,02,01,27,10,05,03. Do I need new glasses or is there something I'm missing? later

no, we'll let Mike explain it at the Corn Boil and on the morning of the Peg draw

Mike is the individual that did the pegging with August,,,they are Austin residents, and can certainly respond to all questions

so were not gonna know before we get there? What's the secret? What are you all afraid of me finding out? Asking for nothing more than to learn my opponent. And yes the water is what your fishing against not everyone else. Starting to smell alittle fishy. :swimminfish::huh:

The absolute final that I have is in a PDF format, and it with each peg and directions to each one from the Hotel,,,,,,if you use the map on the first page of the tread there should be no real surprises,

Once again am I missing something? Just looked again. I know some cultures read right to left and some left to right. In China they write and read from top to bottom. Or does it mean the first blue balloon on the left is peg#25 and the next is peg#24 and so on? I know I'm being a pain but is everything in Texas this difficult?

The pegs are numbered on the map. Not sure what your question is.

If you draw peg 1, where do you go? I know this sounds stupid, but peg1 is between peg 2 and peg 27 in the middle of the venue? ??????????? huh?

message sent to you,,,,,,,,,,we'll sort it out,,,,,,,,,peg numbers 1 & 2 will not be used,,,,they are wayy in the upper left hand part of the map...

I know this sounds like I'm upset but really I'm not. Just get a little crazy about getting info. I'll be doing a walk through on Wednesday and taking in and writing down as much info as I can acquire(depth, structure, water temp. etc.). Less thinking if the info you need is on a clip board at your finger tips than having "to go and check it out". I do this ALL the time. Just trying to make this as kink free as possible. This may be hard to believe but up north we investigate all of our water this way. Someone will have notes or even drawings of what they think is under the water. Sorry that's how we do what we do. later

I think that's fantastic,,,,,,very scientific,,,,,,,call Mike, or call me later,( eight 1 seven-nine one 5-six one 8 three) or give me your number on a PM so I can call you.......we do want you to have a great time,,,,,,,,you have questions????? hopefully we will have answers!!!

I have depth charts for the lake I can send you to make that part a little easier. I will walk them with you and give you as much first hand knowledge I can on the swims. Such as holes/structure and snags. Hell when we are with that we can go to Decker and snag a few large buff and some beers.