Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

2012 Spring Pig Hunt Carp Tournament, Chicago, Il

We should try to hit the lake I went to today on the weekend of the 12th. Maybe we could get a couple people to come with

lol zach if its open lol .....................food delivered to your bank side lol

We welcome Skip O. to the May 5 Pig Hunt. Thanks, Skip! There is still one opening remaining. Let me know.--Frank

I wanna fish next to Skip O.

You may get your wish, Larry, if the draw works out for you. Your choice.--Frank

The May 5 Pig Hunt is right around the corner!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo on 5/5/12 (5+5+12=22), I will award a new Jaxon Baitrunner (spooled with 17 lb. Sufix Elite) to the angler who catches the carp closest to 22 pounds in weight. The reel isn't large, but it is just right for a small venue, a beginner carper, or a youngster eager to learn:

pighunt_cincodemayo_prize.jpg

In addition to the MAP method feeder and mould for smallest fish, here is a summary of other tournament prizes:

First Place Big 3 Carp – Medal and 50% of Entry Fees ($200 if all entrants are present)

Second Place Big 3 Carp – Medal and 31.25% of Entry Fees ($125 if all entrants are present)

Third Place Big 3 Carp – Medal and 18.75% of Entry Fees ($75 if all entrants are present)

maybe2012_big_three_prizes.jpg

Big Fish – Medal and 75% of Big Fish Pot for first and 25% of Big Fish Pot for second

maybe2012_big_fish_prizes.jpg

Big Mirror – Medal and CAG cup, mousepad, patch, and decal

maybe2012_mirror_prizes.jpg

Total Weight All Fish – Medal and Unhooking mat generously donated by Jim Donlan and Westside Bait and Tackle.

Someone may wish to conduct a sidepot for total weight.

pighunt2012_mat_totalweight.jpg

Don’t forget that peg draw is at 6:30 a.m. sharp.

There is a two rod limit per participant.

Don’t forget backleads.

We are at 19 participants. If a couple others don't show, no big deal. Have a good time! Good luck.--Frank

Click here for tournament details

Great prizes! I will conduct a total weight pot if anyone interested. It will be $10.00 . If I have over 10 anglers enter the pot, I will pay 2 spots at a 70%-30% split for 1st and 2nd. Under 10 entrants and I will only pay out 1st.

Looking forward to saturday it should be fun. :swimminfish: :swimminfish: :swimminfish:

Good work, Tracy! Hope you didn't fish them all out. :lol:

Dan Ramir and Brandon Philips are out. I e-mailed Dale Anderson who was next in line, but I have not heard back. It's not critical that we have 20 anglers, and it might be nice to have a little open space, but if you want in, let me know. I'm not sure about Juan Serrano, either, but I'll leave a spot for him.

Although we will get some rain this week, temps will be in the 70s and 80s starting today, with a forecast for 70's on Saturday, although it might rain that day, too. Bring some shelter as it's difficult to monitor your pod from your car.

A few reminders:

1. Illinois fishing licenses are required and the cycle started again April 1, so make sure you are up to date.

2. All fees go back into the prize package, and the medals and some others prizes come out of my pocket and a couple other donors. Consequently, lunch is not provided. Bring something to eat and drink with you.

3. Peg choice begins promptly at 6:30. Try to get to the lagoon a little early to take care of entry fees and waivers. Those who fished the April 21 event need not sign a waiver, as the April 21 document applied to both tournaments.

4. If you want a better chance of choosing a prime peg, don't forget the CAG fundraiser, through which you can purchase additional name cards for $1 each. Proceeds go to CAG.

5. Be aware that parking is $35 per day at the lagoon. Other side streets are available for free, but construction has limited their availability. Get here early of you want a chance at free parking.

6. Peg draw will be in the parking lot close to peg 10. There is no chumming prior to 7:00 a.m. You may have assistance netting a fish, but you must play your own fish (even if you have a double).

7. There is potential for some trophy size carp. Treat all fish with care. Bring an unhooking mat.

8. Tournament is from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

9. Backleads are critical. If you don't have them, your casting options will be limited due to the plethora of rowers who will be in the lagoon.

10. Best of luck. Have fun! Catch a bunch!--Frank

Click here for tournament details!

Just checked with Juan, he said he'll be there.

I'd put my money on Skip... if he'd stay for the whole tournament!

Go Skippy!! :yourock:

post-3784-0-67083400-1335915473_thumb.jp

Great prizes! I will conduct a total weight pot if anyone interested. It will be $10.00 . If I have over 10 anglers enter the pot, I will pay 2 spots at a 70%-30% split for 1st and 2nd. Under 10 entrants and I will only pay out 1st.

Looking forward to saturday it should be fun. :swimminfish: :swimminfish: :swimminfish:

Mike--I'm definitely in the total weight pot!

Just checked with Juan, he said he'll be there.

Thanks, Dan. Good to know!

I'd put my money on Skip... if he'd stay for the whole tournament!

Go Skippy!! :yourock:

My money is on Skip, too!

im in for 20 extra chances for peg draw :hi501::Banana::icon_smoking:

I'm in for at least $20 just to match you, Larry. Thanks!

BTW: If anyone wants an item from the CAG store and wants to save on shipping, I can bring it to the tournament.

Do this: Place your order with the store by Friday night and select the shipping method : "Store PIck up Chicago". I'll make sure and get these to you.

Da Store: http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?app=nexus&module=payments&cat=14

I was down at the other end. I parked in one of the free spots and walked in. I would have needed paramedics if I walked that far. lol! later

Full moon saturday night and a warm spell before saturday's event. The fish should be ready. :swimminfish: Can't wait. :Banana:

The local weather forecasters say we may even get a respite from the storms on Saturday. Be prepared anyway.

Serious question, Is the event rain or shine?

Yes, Larry, the event will be held no matter what the weather. If there is a dangerous storm during the event, we will suspend the competition until better conditions return.

Was spring cleaning this past week and dedcide I have way too much stuff. I'm going to bring down a few things(reels and such) that I don't use much anymore. I'll have a table with the stuff. I'm replacing my reels so I'll have my 3-Daiwa Emblem Pro 5000 reels(will sell as set), another Daiwa and some Okuma EB reels. an old pod I don't use much either. With the weather the way it is, it should be a fantasic day. later

All packed up and ready to go!

We'll be catching a flight up tomorrow afternoon, quick stop to get a couple of items at a grocers, getting a good nights sleep (right!) and catching a taxi to the lagoon in the morning!

Bringing my secret special baits!

Tracy, what flavor of pod is that?

All packed up and ready to go!

We'll be catching a flight up tomorrow afternoon, quick stop to get a couple of items at a grocers, getting a good nights sleep (right!) and catching a taxi to the lagoon in the morning!

Bringing my secret special baits!

Tracy, what flavor of pod is that?

Have a safe trip, Brian. Looking forward to your participation!--Frank