Carp Anglers Group Forums
Bill de Brooklyn

Ever Try This?

Whip EXTREEM! Thanks!

HOPPY4

that's the way I started carp fishing. whip fishing in Europe same thing. You'd be surprised what you can catch, PLAYING them properly. Try it, you'll like it!

Yeah, I tried it once for giggles (I was using a 13 dollar 12' crappie pole from Bass Pro Shops) and hooked two fish. The first one destroyed the stupid crappy knot I had at the end of the pole almost immediately. The second one in the video below almost dragged me across the river before the hook pulled out. Amazing how critical the reel is with even a modertely sized but pretty hot fish. I figure this one was about 12 to 14 pounds.

http://youtu.be/cINBRicypUc

I am going to goof around with it a little more in the spring when I can get to some Juveniles in local ponds, the two-handed effect with the long crappie pole was pretty fun casting.

McTage,

Hilarious! Seen that before from you somewhere. My youngest son had a 3' sturgeon on with a 10' crappie fiberglass 'Cane Pole when he was a wee one, (they put them in local ponds for debris clean up,) for a surprisingly long time. And then we caught crappie with flies with the broken tip part.

Gregg