Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bill de Brooklyn

Not Fly Fishing But . . .

Bill,

I own that video and others by Matt Hayes, thanks to a pal in Northallerton on Swale, Yorkshire. I enjoy the way people gladly fish for course fish and do it in a technical fashion almost everywhere but here. (That is, commonly.) By the way, there are tench in North Idaho, a buddy caught one once and I was impressed by that chunky olive fish's fight.

Gregg

carp were brought to America as food for the poor. they were not intended to be a sport fish, until recently. maybe if they had they would have the same status as trout.

Maybe Bill,

But they have become a scapegoat. Yes, they can be detrimental to other fishes and waterfowl marshes. Yet, they exist in places that blow me away and provide a fishery for those in the know that would not exist other wise. And course fish here are mostly not appreciated. Suckers, bowfins, various chubs, the gamut of native freshwater fishes. Way too bad. I taught my boys long ago the term "course fish", not trash fish as used here in my state.

Gregg