Carp Anglers Group Forums
Carphd

A Series Of Articles On Fly Fishing! Funny Stuff!

I'd fail many tests. Army surplus clothing, soft gear as long as I can make it last, rods and reels are what I can afford, thank Goodness for gifts, at least my fly boxes are super organized, even if some are empty Dai-Riki hook boxes or Sucrets tins. I love The Global Fly Fisher by the way.

Gregg

Gregg, I live on the Salmon river, Pulaski, NY. I do some fly fishing, but I never got in over my waders with the tackle and such. I have witnessed the secret society on several occasions. I find it quite amusing. I will say this, 1 hook-up is all they need to justifie spending another $1000.

Here's the 3rd story in the series.

http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/where-to-fish/

Carphd,

I know of the Salmon R. and other tribs. just from fly fishing interest. Of course much of what Martin wrote was sarcasm as I know his writings fairly well, however he made valid points. Don't get me wrong, been fly fishing since I was 12 and totally since 1985, giving away my conventional gear. Nevertheless, I absolutely shy away from the crowed proper fly fishers literally and also figuratively in substance as I see too much of their behavior as reprehensible. It was the actions of our local tail water trouters and their lack of ethics that helped lead me to an almost total pursuit of carp and other course fish. Oh, I know my insect Latin, have many of the classic reads, the same for great tying books, but I have kept this on a profile that suits my desire to place myself above no one. Of course I would like the newest in gear but on a functional level, not to impress anyone. Yes, the secret society, not for me. Strange pink people.

Gregg