Carp Anglers Group Forums
Jerome

French World Cup - Quebec City 2013

After months of increasingly bitter discussions across the channel, The French federation of carp anglers decided to steer free from IGFA and any UK-centric organization, and organize its own version of the World Carp Classic with a slight restriction, only French-speaking anglers will be admitted to it (to the exclusion of anybody born in the UK). It will be called "La Coupe du Monde de la Carpe", of course.

As the quasi majority of the best carp anglers in the world are either French or from Belgium (and a few Dutch guys), it does count as a world championship. At least in the view of the French federation.

I have been contacted a few months ago to be the lead organizer of this event, which will be set up on the St Lawrence, near Quebec City. After quite some strenuous organizing work, we'll be ready to issue an official press release (in French, of course) on Apr 2nd, that is tomorrow. Prizes will be amazing, starting from 20 bottles of Chateau Yquem 1789, and a night with Carla Bruni.

So stay tuned and brush up on those French lessons from high school! More details tomorrow!

Mon dieu c'est un autre Agincourt...

Les archer d'anglaise seront tout pret a attaque!

The statement alone that the French would organize anything at all outside their own country is highly suspicious. :P

The statement alone that the French would organize anything at all outside their own country is highly suspicious. :P

Forgot to say that Mr Sarkozy will announce today the long-awaited reunification of France and Quebec.

Forgot to say that Mr Sarkozy will announce today the long-awaited reunification of France and Quebec.

Mon ami,

Just remember that Canada is still part of the Commonwealth.... and the Quebecois have always been troublesome. I'm sure any reunification by Sarkozy will be to reinstate proper use of the French language. :lol:

A beintot!

The statement alone that the French would organize anything at all........ :P

Guest THE BIG WORM

Wouldn't an official announcement made in Canada require both French and English versions...or am I a little rusty on my Canadian Law?

That will never happen :blabla:

Wouldn't an official announcement made in Canada require both French and English versions...or am I a little rusty on my Canadian Law?

Yes. Both languages