Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest BCLT

Pb Float Fish (30+)

Guest BCLT

This year has been a great year for many local anglers and some of which have been taking decent fish on the Pin! (Ben, Jim ) I was lucky enough to join the group with a solid fish coming in at 32,13! This is my new PB float fish beating my 29,10.

This fish fell to a two kernals of mussel corn on of coarse...... the korean float..... balanced down to an 8th of a gram. Landed on the pin with 8 pound test and a 6 pound floro carbon hook link.

After putting a handfull of cracked corn and cattle corn around the float I had two very subtle takes which both failed to turn into fish. The third take was so soft I barely saw it........I waited for the fish to get confident...... then it happened! At first this fish didnt even fight........ I dont think it knew it was hooked...... but when it realized.... it put the pressure on me. After the brief 2 hour session I went to Williams Pub for a nice cold drink! Cant believe they sell beers too lol!

cag-32-13.jpg

Edited by BCLT

Awsome fish Shawn! Great job bro, musta been a ride! Those heavies like to take a moment to figure out they are hooked on light gear, but then when they go...FIREWORKS!!!!

Guest BCLT

Thanks man, it was good times! Especially since ive been blanking all over the place lol!

Sweeeeeet!!!

Nice Shawn. Foolin' 'em with finese like must be a lot of fun. The fish I must be missing with my carp pod...

Oh, and the best part of your post is that Williams now serves beer!

fantastic catch. it must of ffelt like a double reward catching a fish like that on the float. well done and hope that you get many more too.

great looking fish congrats

Guest BCLT

To the guy who tried to sent me a message through youtube....... I tried to reply but its not going through,

To clarify on how to balance the float to the 8th..... get a good digital scale, raven split shot that shows (gr.017 etc) and know exactly how much weight your float handles. Consider the weight of everything between the bottom of the float and your anchoring weight - this can be the weight of fishing line by the foot X the depth of water your fishing, the weight of the barrel swivel and slip sinker, beads etc - then try to overshot the float or (overweight) the float by as little as possible........ the float should caulk, and set so slow that you can barely see it sink. I will be honest though....... in many cases you dont need to go to this extreme.

Good luck pal and thanks for subin

Shawn

awesome WTG Shawn!

I was lucky enough to see a great angler catch an awesome! Thanks buddy you have taught me tons and have infected us with the float fishing style with the center pin. Let the good times begin!

Guest BCLT

it was awsome having you there and I hope you get into some on the float soon! Maybe ill see Julia and Guyve around - take care buddy

This year has been a great year for many local anglers and some of which have been taking decent fish on the Pin! (Ben, Jim ) I was lucky enough to join the group with a solid fish coming in at 32,13! This is my new PB float fish beating my 29,10.

This fish fell to a two kernals of mussel corn on of coarse...... the korean float..... balanced down to an 8th of a gram. Landed on the pin with 8 pound test and a 6 pound floro carbon hook link.

After putting a handfull of cracked corn and cattle corn around the float I had two very subtle takes which both failed to turn into fish. The third take was so soft I barely saw it........I waited for the fish to get confident...... then it happened! At first this fish didnt even fight........ I dont think it knew it was hooked...... but when it realized.... it put the pressure on me. After the brief 2 hour session I went to Williams Pub for a nice cold drink! Cant believe they sell beers too lol!

cag-32-13.jpg

Amazing catching Shawn !!!

Big Respect !!!