Carp Anglers Group Forums

How this carp lived long enough to grow to 28lbs is beyond me! So im at a local swim float fishing my life away as usual, i got the 1000 yard stare going at the tip of my waggler, which is about 20 feet out from me, and then i hear a little splash in the water 3 feet to my left near the bank(thought it was a frog or somthing) i look over and its a decent size carp, that is pushed itself up into about 10 inches of muddy water with half its body sticking out basking in the sun.(WTF) Staring at this carp in disbelief..im thinking of just running over and grabbing it with my hands, i was fishing before work and didnt really want to go in a muddy slimy mess, so i quickly took the float off and attempted to "stalk" this carp in 10inches of water LOL. Two pieces of sweet corn on the hook and i tip toe just to my left..i lower it right infront of his mouth, hes facing towards the bank.. 5 seconds later i see the orange lips flash and the corn vanish, GOTCHA. I lift my steelhead rod to set the hook and this fish EXPLODES... straight up onto where the muddy bank slopes and beaches himself ! LOL I had the net close and after a flop or two he was netted and on the mat, gotta be the strangest way i've ever caught a fish.

post-6378-0-53685200-1334887024_thumb.jp

Nice fish!

Were you using you patented " carp caller" to bring that one to the bank?

That carp just took the first step to evolving into a land animal!

Wow, that's an incredible tale. Good on ya to adapt to the situation and bank that big one! ( Even though he kinda banked himself! lol )

Nice, I have seen them doing this before their must be a good food source in close.

What rod do you use for float fishing?

Hey rob, I use a 10'6 daiwa Heartland light action salmon/steelhead rod. Works great ive taken a 30lb on it and it handled the fish perfect in tight conditions aswell

Shawn, I thought you said big fish don't get big from being stupid? LOL great fish Ben :party0012icon:

Guest BCLT

Shawn, I thought you said big fish don't get big from being stupid? LOL great fish Ben :party0012icon:

Its like Energizer batteries my friend....... theres always the chance of one dud......

Its like Energizer batteries my friend....... theres always the chance of one dud......

HAHAAHA! Thats a good one.

sounds to me like she just needed a hug .....she approached you....she fooled you into catching her and giving her (slime and all) a big hug.

she's a beaut....

It's the same as having a fish jump in your boat. You got the horseshoe now,I guess you'll get two mirrors in a row now.

what kind of cologne were you wearing :lol:

some female carp pheromone! :P

what kind of cologne were you wearing :lol:

eau de musselcorn

apparently it's very popular with the french ;)

Edited by jaminsk1

Thats awesome!