Carp Anglers Group Forums
Kokak

Fishing The Canals This Morning...

This was my second trip out to the canals since I moved to AZ in November and I am glad I made it out for the couple of hours I was able to.

I have just switched from my Euro rigging to a 'PayLake' rig with Grits and Puffed corn and I don't think I will be going back to the Euro style rig anytime soon. I still need to dial this method in, for the canals, but still manged 1 nice 10lb Grass Carp.

If there is anyone out there that would like to meet up in the early mornings (5am - 8am) during the week, drop me a line.

Good luck..

Thanks...

I have found the information you have put up on the forums, regarding PayLake tactics, really helpful. The weather is really starting to heat up out here now, 104 today and will be like this till October. So I guess it is time to start working with Oats instead of Grits; is that right?

I need to find the post you did with the different PackBait recipes and the times of year you advise them for. I am a Neophyte but have started down the path of Ultimate Puff Enlightenment... :D

Made it out this morning again. This time I was using an Orange and Cream Pack with a plain Corn Puff. I managed 2 fish; one 10 lb Grass Carp and one 8 lb Common.

All in all a good start to a good morning.

gallery_4737_36_1939.jpg

Well… I was out again this trying to get some fishing in before the storm hit this morning. This time I was using a Pineapple flavored Oat Pack with a plain Corn Puff.

I managed 2 fish in the 1.5 hours I was out; One Grass Carp, about 8 lbs (it flopped back in before I could get a picture) and one Channel Catfish at about 3 lbs (fat little guy).

Packed it up as the weather started to turn and got out of there with the rain at my back.

gallery_4737_36_125330.jpg

Congrats, nice fish! If the cannal holds Grass Carp I recomend using corn boiled till its semi soft and soaked in milk for a few days to ferment. I have caught really big grass carp using this bait on mainland europe!