Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest RebelCarp

New Pb And Better Experience On The Water

Guest RebelCarp

This was the 4th trip on the river for me(3 skunks) and I finally got another carp. I had some issues using big pva bags on my new rods, so I stopped using them. To get the bait out I used a spomb. I'll tell you what. I love this thing and its so nice to have and quicker to set up your area then using pva. Fished for 6 hours and got one. A new pb at 23.8lbs :icon_smoking: . Very happy to get him and made all the trips on the water worth it. Hope to get out tomorrow if it aint raining too hard.

post-6721-0-70007100-1335039766_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-36243100-1335039843_thumb.jp

Nice !!!! congrats !!!

Whereabout are you, I'm only 9 miles from PA (Easton)

Guest RebelCarp

Nice !!!! congrats !!!

Whereabout are you, I'm only 9 miles from PA (Easton)

i'm around 1 hour and 45 minutes from yea. I'm from the wilkes barre/scranton area

Rebel you're only an hour from me, I'm in Binghamton on the susky straight up 81. We need to get together man. Most of my spots are all within the closed region due to walleye spawning. I've been on a 4 session blanking streak that I'm blaming on the super tall and thick snot weed in te swims that have never had it. Hoping this rain brings the water up a bit.

Guest RebelCarp

Rebel you're only an hour from me, I'm in Binghamton on the susky straight up 81. We need to get together man. Most of my spots are all within the closed region due to walleye spawning. I've been on a 4 session blanking streak that I'm blaming on the super tall and thick snot weed in te swims that have never had it. Hoping this rain brings the water up a bit.

Yea you need to come down my way, I got two very nice spots. I'll pm you some pictures. With the snot weed its bad down here also and its in spots where we never had it. I reeled in my one rig and I had about 2lbs of weed on it lol. I hope this rain clears it out. Water temp was 64 today

64!?!?? At the surface in slow water? I'm still getting 49/50/51 at the lead in 12 feet of water. Damn snot weed it has totally changed the river, I can't believe I'm gonna say it but I'm hoping for a small flood lol

Great looking fish congrats

The Spomb is really a great tool I purchased the Mini Spomb and have used it twice now works great. Just ordered the Big one hope to have it next week cant wait to try it out. but I really think the Mini will get lots of use puts out a good amount in my opinion

Very nice Adam! Glad ya scored! That's a dandy!

You're catching on real quick. Got a bunch of rain comming today & hopefully it will wash away some of the snot weed.

congratulations! great fish! it looks like you have yourself an awesome swim there? does that bank-space disappear at normal water levels?

Nice going Adam, as Skammer said your doing good, keep up the good work. I've given up on the river fishing for now dew to snotweed. So far we didn't have enought rain to help the weed any.

Guest RebelCarp

congratulations! great fish! it looks like you have yourself an awesome swim there? does that bank-space disappear at normal water levels?

it will but it would have to go up to 5-6ft in order for half of the shoreline space to disappear. Basically theres always alot of room :icon_smoking: This is my go to spot for may

Guest RebelCarp

Nice going Adam, as Skammer said your doing good, keep up the good work. I've given up on the river fishing for now dew to snotweed. So far we didn't have enought rain to help the weed any.

I fished today from 9-3:30pm and got a royal skunk. I'm even sucking up snot weed in my jet. I hope with the water going up, most of it goes away. Water temp 60

Beautiful, Congrats in the pb

Guest RebelCarp

Nice fish Adam. I saw you left the USCA brother! Hmu if you ever wanna fish your not to far away from me either!

Yea I left there because I saw how much that club changed in the past 5 years. Plus i'm not really into catfishing now that im into carp. Once I realized that I really dont gain anything from the club, there no since on being a member. I have contact with most of the guys that I got along with so its not the end of the world.

With the carp fishing this weekend, I fished three days with only getting that new pb. Its been rough with the snot weed but my river is coming up quick so hopefully its all gone by the weekend. How did you make out this weekend?

I tried to pm yea but it says you cant receive anymore

Yea I left there because I saw how much that club changed in the past 5 years. Plus i'm not really into catfishing now that im into carp. Once I realized that I really dont gain anything from the club, there no since on being a member. I have contact with most of the guys that I got along with so its not the end of the world.

With the carp fishing this weekend, I fished three days with only getting that new pb. Its been rough with the snot weed but my river is coming up quick so hopefully its all gone by the weekend. How did you make out this weekend?

I tried to pm yea but it says you cant receive anymore

Yeah dude i toally understand, i was only on there to keep in contact with you. Most of those guys are ignorant to carp. I dont really like the site much. And plus i dont catfish much weither. I carp fish thats bout all i do anymore. And we did okay. We banked 12 commons this weekend, only fished saturday. Biggest was 17 lbs... Were doing pretty good so far this year though. We caught just under 60 carp so far. Me and my friend and his little brother who comes sometimes.

Edited by Captain Carpy

Guest RebelCarp

Yeah dude i toally understand, i was only on there to keep in contact with you. Most of those guys are ignorant to carp. I dont really like the site much. And plus i dont catfish much weither. I carp fish thats bout all i do anymore. And we did okay. We banked 12 commons this weekend, only fished saturday. Biggest was 17 lbs... Were doing pretty good so far this year though. We caught just under 60 carp so far. Me and my friend and his little brother who comes sometimes.

wow your getting alot of carp on each session! you must be prebaiting. I never prebaited a swim yet, I'm going to have to try doing that this weekend and see if my numbers go up.

Yea that other site, they look down on carp :angry2:

wow your getting alot of carp on each session! you must be prebaiting. I never prebaited a swim yet, I'm going to have to try doing that this weekend and see if my numbers go up.

Yea that other site, they look down on carp :angry2:

Actually no i havent been prebaiting. After time at a lake you learn good swims,and patterns of the carp. I have prebaited about 3 to 4 times this year. The rest i just went and fished, like this weekend. You learn certain areas and good techniques and all that good stuff, carp are not easy to catch. There is deffinately a knack to it. I use to blank like every day i went out, i had so much trouble catching. Once you learn how to take it step by step it becomes part of your routine. Prebaiting does help a lot though. I usually do baiting campaigns at new swims. I will be doing one in about 2 weeks, a nice baiting cmapaign at a new swim on my favorite lake. Its real snaggy at this one section of the lake, we think this is where the big girls are hanging around. So we are putting on a heavy baiting campaign and going to fish it hard. Keep at it Adam, it will only get better trust me. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm bro. Oh and how do oyu like all your new gear... and how do you like the spomb?