Carp Anglers Group Forums

2012 Big 4 How-To Guide

<center>big4logo-email2011.jpg

Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Big Fish, Big Mirror, First Fish Posted, and RAFFLE PRIZES to at least 10 random participants thanks to:

bctsponsor.gif dynamitesponsor.gif nwcsponsor.gif

saxonsponsor.gifk1sponsor.gif Master Baitz, Logo Coming Soon</center>

2012 CAG Big 4 How-To Guide

An online contest for anglers across North America from May 1-31

Combined weight of biggest four fish wins

You must register before you can participate in this event.

Welcome Big 4 Competitors!

Here you should find answers to any questions you might have about submitting fish in this event. If there is anything you don't understand, just follow up here with a post and I'll help you out!

Rules

Registration is open until Midnight Sunday, May 1

Must be a CAG Member to participate

Cost: $10.00-

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count

Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America

Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board -Instructions will be emailed after registration

Any number of fish can be added, but only top four count

Submissions must include 1 photo-

-a trophy photo of the fish with angler, the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below

All submissions must be made by June 2

Fish must be caught on rod using legal methods and be released safely

Live leader board will be displayed on the home page for the month of May along with links to any prize sponsors

Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board

Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

The Logo

The 2012 Big 4 Logo will be attached for download below as JPG and PDF on April 30.

You are required to submit 1 photo of each fish you catch along with it's weight. This photo MUST show the angler holding the fish, a printed 2011 Big 4 logo, and your scale.

Remember, the star of these photos is you with your fish. Your photo may end up in a magazine! The logo and scale just need to be there somewhere to prove you have them. They can be anywhere in the photo as long as they are identifiable. The best way to manage this is to tape the logo to your scale:

scale.jpg

ex3.jpg

The Big 4 Logo is only 3.75 x 2.75." This is the size of many state/provincial fishing and hunting licenses. You can Also put your logo in a standard license holder from any tackle shop, and pin it on your clothes, or even your unhooking mat.

logolicense.jpglicense.jpg

ex1.jpg

Just try not to put the logo in your mouth, that's not going to look good in a magazine!

Using the Leaderboard

Before you can log in and submit fish, you must register an account on the Big 4 leaderboard:

<IFRAME FRAMEBORDER=0 SRC="http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/leaderboard/tournaments/results.php?edit=1&event=14" WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=750>

</IFRAME></center>

If you are using internet explorer, be sure you are using compatibility mode when using the leaderboard:

clip_image002.jpg

Click "registration," and fill in the form. An administrator must validate your account before you can log in and add fish, but that should not take long. You will receive an email when your account is activated.

(These are smaller than actual size)

register.jpg

>>

registrationform.jpg

Adding Fish

Once your account is activated, you can go back to the same form above to log in and add your results. You may need to reload this page.

After logging in, a form will appear below the leaderboard. Simply enter one fish weight, photo, and location at a time smile.gif

You must fill in both weight fields- for example if a fish is 15 lbs even, you must enter 15 lbs, 0 oz.

results.jpg

Editing Your Results

Clicking "Show All Results" will list all of the fish you have posted so far. You can edit your results in if you have made a mistake, or if you would like to delete previous entries.

results2.jpg

>>

edit.jpg

Your Gallery

Your results will all display in a personal gallery anyone can see by clicking your name on the leaderboard. This can be seen from the Big 4 forum threads as well as the CAG homepage.

Adding Non-Competition Images

Do you have a sponsor you would like to shout out with a logo image in your gallery? Or maybe would you like to add two pictures of a particular fish because it was really special to you? You can!

Just upload these type of photos with a weight of 0 lbs 0 oz. smile.gif

post-500-0-23576400-1335824320_thumb.jpg

big_4_logo_2012.pdf

Questions?

Ask them here!

I noticed the gal holding the carp in your post appears to be wearing a bikini....so, are bikinis and speedos the recommemded attire for a proper magazine worthy photo??

Great i was even thinking of puting my name down but i wont be home from blackfoot by the time the results have to be in LOL so 'll pass for now :D

Smartphone?

If you can email or text me results I'll post them for you. :)

I noticed the gal holding the carp in your post appears to be wearing a bikini....so, are bikinis and speedos the recommemded attire for a proper magazine worthy photo??

Yes. Yes they are!

A question was asked about the first fish award- That is based on your local time. :)

thanks louis for registering me. May is going to be a good month!

It always is!

I would join but I doubt I will get out much and I have yet to find a GOOD spot that I am confident with pulling sizeable fish from. I know where some bodies of water are that surely hold BIG fish but have yet to find THE spot... Good luck to all this could get good with all the big fish lately

I would join but I doubt I will get out much and I have yet to find a GOOD spot that I am confident with pulling sizeable fish from. I know where some bodies of water are that surely hold BIG fish but have yet to find THE spot... Good luck to all this could get good with all the big fish lately

Oh yes, but how would it feel to get into a pod of large fish and not be in the contention. It is what keeps me in it every year, the what ifs.

You just never know.

I'm still waiting on my raffle prize from last year???? LOL

Sorry about that. I got laid off right after the big 4 and I used to do all my mailing and computing at my office. My Cag membership ran out the next day and I lost a lot of my pm's because "Trustee's" get more pm space than non members. Send me your info and I'll get something out to you.