Carp Anglers Group Forums

List Of The World's 100 Worst Invasive Species...

I was looking around on the net and came across a Wikipedia entry for a "List of the world's 100 worst invasive species. When I looked down int he fish section; of course the Common Carp was listed. but there were several other fish on the list that I found interesting to be labeled "... Worst Invasive Species..."

• Common carp
  • Rainbow trout
  • Largemouth bass
  • Brown trout

Kind of funny when you think that the other 3 sought after fish are on the "... Worst Invasive Species..." list.

List of the world's 100 worst invasive species

"Species were selected for the list according to two criteria: their serious impact on biological diversity and/or human activities"...

Well, given the amount of time people spend chasing carp and trout and bass around here.... they definitely have an impact on human activiites... :bigsmile: A lot less cleaning and chores get done around the house... :o

Hm, funny, one species is missing... The most invasive and damaging by far if you ask me... Human beings (except carp anglers, of course).

Hm, funny, one species is missing... The most invasive and damaging by far if you ask me... Human beings (except carp anglers, of course).

Lol, I had that same thought, Jerome!

Has anyone ever considered that all species are invasive, I have learned this " all creatures on this planet, from the tiniest microbe to the great blue whale exploit and affect the environment. " Life is a dynamic process not a static display.