Carp Anglers Group Forums

A short underwater video of the koi carp I'm raising, going to be some really nice looking fish in a few years, and will look great in a pond or lake ;)

My buddie has a couple mirror koi im tryin to talk him into putting them in my pond as soon as there to big for bass to eat.

My buddie has a couple mirror koi im tryin to talk him into putting them in my pond as soon as there to big for bass to eat.

That's what I'm waiting for now too, they're perfect size for a big large mouths supper!

Right now they are in a 300 or 350 gallon stock tank, yo can buy them at your local feed stores, they're made as like a horse trow I think, they make excellent ponds though

How big are they? You want to make sure you dont overload the tank. Your ammonia levels will skyrocket and kill your fish I know from expierence. I used to keep carp in fish tanks but they are a pain since they grow so quickly and eat and poop so much causing high amounts of ammonia. When I upgrade my tank to 200 gallon tank I'll start keeping them again. What are you using as a filter for them?

I check amonia every week, and we are also digging a pond. Not sure exactly about the specific filter but ik it pumps the whole tank once an hour, water is usually clear and ph levels are a constant 7.1 I believe

Yeah that should be fine for the time being. Usually to keep carp people want anything above 100+gallons. For a few years I keep rotating a few inch carp into my 75 gallon tank and as much as I love them they were a handful. Constantly uprooting my plants and re arranging the tank to how they wanted it and they are poop factories. I'd have to clean my tank twice a week but it was worth it they're awesome fish to keep a lot of personalty.

Yeah I love em, but they do dirty up water fast. Our pond will be finished hopefully this year and they won't be to much of a hassle, I wanted to get some small mirrors but no clue where to get them around here!

Zetts fish farm they're in central PA they're under the name Israeli Carp. Give them a ring. They're like 5 bucks and whatever shipping is. I was going to get two this summer but due to other projects around my house, a lack of spending money, and being away at school I chose not to get one for my tank. I figured since I'll only be home every two weekends those suckers will destroy my tank and poop everywhere. Last thing I'd want is my European Native tank to get wiped out. But if you do business with them let me know its run by an older couple so they don't do paypal or anything like that just mailing the money or checks. Hope that helps you out