Carp Anglers Group Forums
Dave Ash

Wooden Shoe Carp Classic 2013

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

After a long absents and a lot of thinking about how I could make this event better, I am going to throw the idea out to the group. What would you like to see in 2013?

I have full intention of hosting this event again next year in the second to third week of May. (Waiting for the city planning commission to let me know when the local festival is going to be held to plan around it)

I have a few ideas that I would like to throw around…. And tell me what you think….

Big 3 is now Big 5 or 7??

Big fish is always out there for some cash

Charity event??

How this would be run is simple…. If a sponsor would step forward and provide hookbait… whether it be boilies… corn…. Bubble gum… one day would be fished with only hookbaits from the said sponsor. You could still use your own method, or pack, (unless provided by sponsor)

There would be a slight fee to play… whatever that fee is however would be donated to Benefit 4 Kids. They provide outdoor wishes for terminal ill or life limited children.

No real decisions have been made yet, but I am just trying to get an idea of How many people are interested in fishing this event next year… I would like to get the early jump on trying to secure a couple sponsors for the event if possible.

Would anyone be interested in getting shirts made for the event ect…

Would you be willing to pay a small deposit to hold your spot for the event to cover shirts, towels, prizes ect? (Around 20 dollars)

I am open to all feedback and I hope this will get discused by many of you as you meet in your local groups. I hope to make 2013 100% better than 2012

Sometimes, the Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin organizers unintentionally schedule conflicting events, but, assuming there are no conflicts, I look forward to participating. Thanks, Dave. --Frank

Well now that this event is posted, I would hope our friends across the boarder would post around this.

Maybe add a 1 day midwest team event to the mix? Possibly on Friday? 3 teams of 3 (unless Ohio comes) then it would be 4.

when in may? I wont know until i have a certain date

If everything works out then i would definitely want to attend, pending knowing the dates

Edited by Zatesta

i am very excited about this.this is a good event, and awesome fishing.looking forward on seeing you dave again

Talked to Andy, we are going to open up another section of the park for fishing this year. I am going to try and pre fish the sections before freeze up.

I hope we can get everyone together and have a great time.

dave; sounds good,hope nothing stops me from attending next yr.bill wazelle

More details comming this weekend...

Anymore feedback on what people would like to see...

This event will be like NO other event carp fishing has seen.

Old captian says "come see us"

I say.... "Come Get some"

Just a brief peak at the rules:

Weigh 10 fish total.

5 per day (Have to weigh 5 each day not 3 on saturday 7 on sunday ect)

1 fish out of the 10 is a wildcard fish in which you double the fishes weight. You have to decide when you add it to the scoreboard. .... Choices.. choices.. ;)

Edited by Dave Ash

Just a brief peak at the rules:

Weigh 10 fish total.

5 per day (Have to weigh 5 each day not 3 on saturday 7 on sunday ect)

1 fish out of the 10 is a wildcard fish in which you double the fishes weight. You have to decide when you add it to the scoreboard. .... Choices.. choices.. ;)

Sounds cool :D

Hello Tracy here. I would certainly love to fish this event but only if the stars align themslves properly. As some of you know, I run the Windy City Carp League and that time frame is when I usually start the summer. I also know that several of the league fishers would like to come and fish also. Let me ask some questions of the core members and see if we can put a team together(maybe 2) and also more fishers.Let me also ask some questions about the "bait" idea as I heard a similar propostion last summer. I'll let you know ...later

I'm interested in attending this event but have a couple of questions:

1. Do anglers fish the same peg both days or redraw on Sunday morning?

2. What is the fee to enter?

3. Are there cash prizes?

4. Are there good hotels close to the venue?

5. Based on reading Tracy's post prior to this one- is it a team event or individual?

Thanks!

I'm interested in attending this event but have a couple of questions:

1. Do anglers fish the same peg both days or redraw on Sunday morning?

2. What is the fee to enter?

3. Are there cash prizes?

4. Are there good hotels close to the venue?

5. Based on reading Tracy's post prior to this one- is it a team event or individual?

Thanks!

Last year it was an individual event, there was no fee to enter, and there was no cash prize. There are several good hotels near the venue. As for this year I can not say im just going off of what happened last year.

1. Do anglers fish the same peg both days or redraw on Sunday morning? Chaange pegs each days... snake draft... 1 pick day one gets last pick day 2
2. What is the fee to enter? No fee... (Unless we want shirts or something of that nature or if you want me to provide food ect. This will just cover my butt on expences. I will provide trophys as well as going to start a traveling throphy for who wins the event (More comming on this soon) Yes Andy you will get credit for 2012.

3. Are there cash prizes? Side pots welcome.... I will not handle cash as this is a fun event with bragging rights at stake. ( I will however donate to side pots)
4. Are there good hotels close to the venue? Yes.. as well as very nice campgrounds... all within 15 min. of the swim. I may also be able to lodge anglers at my house witch is less then 10 min from the swim.
5. Based on reading Tracy's post prior to this one- is it a team event or individual? Individual, but the rules are not set in stone yet... always open for a good idea.