Carp Anglers Group Forums
saxmatt

6 Fish Over 20Lbs This Morning

With the cooler nights we've been having the carp bite is starting to pick up. I fished this morning and ended up landing 12 fish, 6 over 20 pounds. I lost the heaviest fish of the day. It took about 100 yards of line out on the first run, I worked it half way back, then it went on another run and bent my hook straight. The fish were caught SPL style with an oat based pack, ON THE PUFF! The bite should only get better as the water cools off. I'm looking forward to seeing what we pull out of the river this fall.

7845893296_4e40518920_z.jpg

7845892512_e2a85bac37_z.jpg

7845891722_ea69365e6f_z.jpg

7845891324_b7758ced10_z.jpg

7845890712_b811b26df7_z.jpg

wow great fish man ive only caught 2 carp over 20 so far but more then i can count buffs over 20

The lighter one was only 17 but I thought it was a nice looking fish so i took a pic. Didn't get a pic of the fattest fish of the day and one of the other 20s because I had doubles. Here's a bigger one from earlier in the week.

7819739220_16af06d753_z.jpg

Some great fish Matt. No PERKINS hat?

I'm probably going with Miguel on Saturday, I'll dig up the Perkins hat for that session. Hopefully I'll get a Perkins 40.

Warming up for B-ville this fall?? :icon_smoking:

Warming up for B-ville this fall?? :icon_smoking:

Haven't talked to Attila about that but it's a possibility . If not this fall then definitely next spring. I'm gaining a lot more confidence in the puff...maybe after a few thousand more hours of using them on the bank I'll be a puff pro!

Nice going. Some real quality fish there for this time of year.

Haven't talked to Attila about that but it's a possibility . If not this fall then definitely next spring. I'm gaining a lot more confidence in the puff...maybe after a few thousand more hours of using them on the bank I'll be a puff pro!

It's great your bait and pickups are working. Especially since Pack and Puff only catch small fish.. :swimminfish:

great looking fish

It's great your bait and pickups are working. Especially since Pack and Puff only catch small fish.. :swimminfish:

That session supports the theory that puffs catch larger carp, who'd a thunk it?

Sorry marcus couldn't resist. :party0012icon:

It seems to have been a Great day on the water. CONGRATS to you on some fine captures!

HOPPY4