Carp Anglers Group Forums

Bite Alarms

I'm in the market for a new pair of bite Alarms, I am sure I'll be getting the delkims but would appreciate your feedback as to model or any other brand you guys might recommend. Awaiting your suggestions!

somebody is super excited for long sault........... I would use what you have and spend the money on gearing up! You already know, those fish dont care, they take the food, and go........... if Delkims are a must, I would go for the entry level ones, the differences arent that major compared to the TXI, built in transmitter.......... im a firm believer that delkims are all hype, most people set in on the run or drop back.....not knocks, so as long as it screams when it needs to........your good...........this is just my opinion, im not saying im right.

somebody is super excited for long sault..........

Man, you can't imagine! Mentally i'm there, physically i'm on the way! Thanks for your feedback, maybe i'll end up buying decent batteries and not the ones from dollarama! :toot:

I had some Delk's for about a season... thy are nice. Got some Fox Warriors for a quarter of the price... and they are nice too.

I now own 5 Fox Warriors (a few for friends and family when they come fish with me) and have no regrets. If you get the Fox Warriors, buy the hard case.

somebody is super excited for long sault........... I would use what you have and spend the money on gearing up! You already know, those fish dont care, they take the food, and go........... if Delkims are a must, I would go for the entry level ones, the differences arent that major compared to the TXI, built in transmitter.......... im a firm believer that delkims are all hype, most people set in on the run or drop back.....not knocks, so as long as it screams when it needs to........your good...........this is just my opinion, im not saying im right.

The EV's have half the sensitivity settings. This is an old topic but they are definatly not hyped. Superior quality. Ultimate sensitivity settings, great battery life. I will try other alarms but I will always stick with them. Try em out and see for yourself

Edited by hairwig

I use delks most of the time but occasionaly i have to get out my old Nevs from sometime in the mid 90's as i really love to hear the classic BBBB-EEEEP of a full blooded run on them that sends the tingles in the right direction, iknow- sad, but true :lol:

from what I have been reading, the sirens and the ACE alarms seem to be as good, if not better than the delkims.

I loved the delks and always thought of the TXI plus as the ultimate bite alarm but I hear lots of horror stories about them packing up in the rain.

for reliability though, I wouldn't look past a set of steve nevilles (I used to love mine - basic and did the job superbly) - if money was no object then I would look at the Ace's and the Sirens.

I have an RTA alarm, from Resistance Tackle - it's basic, it goes "beep", and is cheap enough $20 or less, that if it breaks it is basically disposable and just get another one ! It has a couple of sensitivity controls and volume/tone. Given how hard I am on equipment, a perfect alarm for this Brit !

The EV's have half the sensitivity settings. This is an old topic but they are definatly not hyped. Superior quality. Ultimate sensitivity settings, great battery life. I will try other alarms but I will always stick with them. Try em out and see for yourself

cant be bothered to try them out, maybe if it was someone elses money.............but as said above........no need for untimate sensitivity........99.9% of people strike on the run, or drop back.......to each his own......

Delkim and Korda are very similar........they have a great marketing department...........they can trick almost anyone into thinking you have to have it! Ive seen all the DVDs, they make better coasters than anything else! :)

Delkim and Korda are very similar........they have a great marketing department...........they can trick almost anyone into thinking you have to have it! Ive seen all the DVDs, they make better coasters than anything else! :)

to be fair on delkim, they do next no no marketing at all in Europe. you will never see delkim consultants or any articles in magazines relating to them - just the odd advert in the magazines and mentions from Danny on his DVD's and I'm pretty sure they're mentioned on there cos Danny chooses to use them and not because they pay him.

they have got their reputation on the back of word of mouth alone - much the same as the steve neville's.

a bite alarm is a bite alarm to most and as most canadian carping is done in daylight hours and with only one rod, any extra features that are aimed at other countries will be wasted on us.

things like being able to identify via a remote receiver, what rod has beeped and if the beep was a drop back, pulled forward, a line bite (a combination of both) is an absolute godsend when you are tucked up all warm and dry in bed, out of view from your rods on a cold and extremely rainy winters night. the vibration alert on their sounders is really good too and I found that was what used to wake me up when I had remotes on my bedchair.

I'm no marketing victim but I think if money was no object before I heard about the sirens and Ace's (that only really came out properly last year), I would have jumped at getting a set of TXI's.

a bite alarm is a bite alarm to most and as most canadian carping is done in daylight hours and with only one rod, any extra features that are aimed at other countries will be wasted on us.

things like being able to identify via a remote receiver, what rod has beeped and if the beep was a drop back, pulled forward, a line bite (a combination of both)

Your dead on.......this is the key to my original point.......we dont need these features......I can think of only a limited few that

a) even do overnighters here.......

b - leave their rods in the water at night......

c) fish in the rain......

d) are risky and fish multiple rods....

This list goes on and on....... sure they may be useful tools to the elite anglers of the UK who fish severely pressured waters......with fish that are smart to rigs, lines in the water etc........but here........its just overkill........out of the box. As for marketing, I dont have a single carp magazine that doesnt have a full page add for Delkim, and its these adds that have managed to convince many many people that they need those bite alarms to fish piers that are consistantly pounded with bait day in and day.

There are many guys out there that just slay the carps on the float, feeder style, paylake style and so on.......none of which could be bothered to use a delkim.......or any bite alarm for that matter, most of which clean house in local matches against some of the best local euro anglers we have, outside of the obvious bad peg draw...........

Im just saying.......... this is just meant as friendly debate......

Delkim's are like Apple products. They do the job. They cost a fortune. They work. They are good quality. Will another vendors product the same job at half the price?, for sure they will. Will people continue to pay the high prices for Delkim's, oh yes - just to see those that Delkim badge on their tackle.

John

ps: Will I get some Delkim's when finances allow, of course - no different form the majority of other consumers here !

The Fox Warrior alarms are great Bang for the buck I owned 5 of them for myself and son and a backup that was nevere needed I did buy. Myself a set of used Delkims and love them I sold off 3 of my warriors and replaced them with Delkims had I of not found them at a good price I would have stayed with the warrior

Appreciate the compliments on Delkims.

And for those who STILL think they don't do anything different to any other alarm or that you simply don't need them here in North America well you can continue believing or watch this...

http://saxontackle.com/?p=1628

More than just putting big fish on the bank they have given folks a head's up on what is happening at the 'sharp' and perhaps more importantly some invaluable feedback on when to reel in and check the hook bait to make sure it is still there.

No matter how many times I've laid the evidence out Iain, people still don't see or believe it. So those of us that do believe it (and I'm a stubborn convert) can continue catching=] delkim txi's Ftw! Lol there's no doubt standard roller wheel designs work but why not give yourself more of an edge? Atleasts that's my thought and was from switching over from atts.

I use my Delkims and they put up with almost everything. I don't like the vibration sensor, I like the magnetic rollers like in my EOS set. I also notice with the Delkims that the little compartment that holds all the sensor thingys acccumulates alot of debry. My next alarms, hopefully soon will definitly be magnetic rollers. Again just my 2c.

No matter how many times I've laid the evidence out Iain, people still don't see or believe it. So those of us that do believe it (and I'm a stubborn convert) can continue catching=] delkim txi's Ftw! Lol there's no doubt standard roller wheel designs work but why not give yourself more of an edge? Atleasts that's my thought and was from switching over from atts.

I agree Delkims are superior to the roller system BUT I am sure others are like me and on a budget so we purchase what we can afford I purchased two new warriors then found three used warriors great alarms bought them and used them until I found someone that had to have new delkims and I was able to purchase perfectly good used ones I wanted them was just a situation of what is needed versus wanted I do not really need alarms at all I do not leave rods alone but sure is nice with delkims to know if something is lightly touching baits and not having to wait for full blown run

I use my Delkims and they put up with almost everything. I don't like the vibration sensor, I like the magnetic rollers like in my EOS set. I also notice with the Delkims that the little compartment that holds all the sensor thingys acccumulates alot of debry. My next alarms, hopefully soon will definitly be magnetic rollers. Again just my 2c.

A lot of debris???? That's a new one on me... how are you storing your alarm?

A lot of debris???? That's a new one on me... how are you storing your alarm?

deffo get all sorts in there - I had an original set a few years back and have found dead spiders, leaves, bits of weed etc after spending a few years on the bank - any crap that comes off your line (especially if you are using braid) - it certainly happens and I found it effected the sensor which Delkim fixed for about $10 each which was a nice touch.