Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

Nov. 24 Turkey Trot Tournament At Joliet - Sign Up Is Open!

joliet_2012_112412_banner.jpg

For the sixth straight year, Joliet, Illinois' Bicentennial Park and the adjacent DesPlaines River will serve as the venue for a "Turkey Trot" Carp Tournament to be held on Saturday, November 24th from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.

The tournament will be a nice way to work off some of that Thanksgiving feast! :knifefork:

Past "Turkey Trot "champions are Paul Wells (2007), Mike Olinger (2008), Frank Rink (2009), Paul Wells (2010), and Frank Rink (2011). Who will be the 2012 champ?

Sam Snow began the series in 2007 (see banner below).

thanksgivingflyer.jpg

The November 24, 2012 "Turkey Trot" Tournament will be a traditional, total weight, one peg all day event with an optional big fish pot!

All rules and regulations remain essentially the same as they have been for our previous 2012 J-Town contests. Here's a recap:

a. 6:30 peg draw/peg choice near pegs 6-7 at Joliet's Bicentennial Park. If you are not here at 6:30, you will choose pegs after those who were on time!

b. Fishing from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (it got dark by 5:00 p.m. on 11/10/12, so we will finish at 4:30 on 11/24/12).

c. Walk-off peg draw--You choose your peg. Order of peg choice will be by random drawing.

jtf40_2012_pegs.jpg

d. Limit of 16 anglers for the tournament.

e. 50% - 30% -20% distribution of entry fees to the top 3 anglers ($20 to enter)

f. 60% - 40% split of optional $10 big fish pot for top two big fish.

g. Proper carp care (mats, no treble hooks, safe return) will be emphasized!

h. Don't forget that four excellent pegs have been added on the east side of the river near the Jefferson Street bridge (Winners of the last three 2012 J-Town events have fished the east side pegs!).

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Tracy Jourdan with 2010 "Turkey Trot" Big Fish - 28-0 from Peg 2!

tj_2800_a.jpg

Sign up on this thread if you will be participating! We have several new anglers indicating an interest in competing, so you may want to sign up early. Hope to see you at Joliet on November 24. Happy Thanksgiving!

Participants to date:

Larry Seeman

Jim Rink

Mike Olinger

Anthony Sladek

Frank Rink

Sign me up Frank.

Thank you, Grahame. Grahame drives over 100 miles one way to attend the J-Town events. Much appreciated, Grahame!

joliet_fall2012_gj_111012.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Sign up on this thread if you will be participating! We have several new anglers indicating an interest in competing, so you may want to sign up early. Hope to see you at Joliet on November 24. Happy Thanksgiving!

Participants to date:

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Frank Rink

Cory Bohmann has been a mainstay at the Joliet events and consistently places "in the money." Thanks, Cory!

joliet_fall2012_cb_1705_111012.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date:

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Frank Rink

We are already at seven participants. Nobody wants pegs 4, 5, 12, and 13. At least I wouldn't.

If twelve participants commit before the start of the tournament, I will open pegs 21 and 22, to be located on the east side of the river, directly across from pegs 15 and 16 and next to the bridge. I checked it out a bit as I was placing peg flags on Saturday. There are steps to the pegs directly from the street at Harrah's, and, although you would be unable to fish from your car, there is a parking lot within 50 feet.

jtf40_2012_pegs_plus21_22.jpg

Sign me up, too! The election tourny was soooo much fun and I learned so much. Best way to test all the tips the guys shared is to get back in there and do it again!! Thanks again to Dr. Frank and all the guys out there who made it a blast!

Sign me up, too! The election tourny was soooo much fun and I learned so much. Best way to test all the tips the guys shared is to get back in there and do it again!! Thanks again to Dr. Frank and all the guys out there who made it a blast!

Thank you, Christine. We appreciate your participation. Christine travels 400 miles round trip to the Joliet events.

post-53238-0-21834100-1332120763.jpeg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date:

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Christine Stout

8. Frank Rink

We also welcome Tony Stout to our November 24 tournament. Thank you , Tony! You and Christine are welcome additions to our Joliet events!--Frank

post-47997-0-59425100-1338257529.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date:

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Christine Stout

8. Tony Stout

9. Frank Rink

I am going to designate another spot for Eddie (don't know his last name), who spent the afternoon with us at the November 10th event and indicated he had purchased a Wacker Bait's starter kit and would fish with us on November 24th. We look forward to your participation, Eddie!

There were also a couple young guys who chatted with me at my peg on the 10th and indicated they would like to participate on November 24. I won't tie up two more spots for them, as I didn't get a firm commitment, but don't be surprised if we get close to a full house for the "Turkey Trot." --Frank

I think it's time to open the two additional pegs. I might also consider some more "middle pegs" on the east side as well:

jtf40_2012_pegs_plus21_22.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date:

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Christine Stout

8. Tony Stout

9. Eddie

10. Frank Rink

Chuck Ferczok has driven from Indiana for the past two J-Town Tournament events and will join us once again on November 24th! Thanks, Chuck, and welcome back!

joliet_fall2012_cf_111012.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date (The tournament is limited to 16 anglers. Only 5 openings remain! Dennis D? Fred R?, Eddy C?, Chad B?, Jess H?, Chuck B? More Hoosiers?):

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Christine Stout

8. Tony Stout

9. Eddie

10. Chuck Ferczok

11. Frank Rink

Sam Snow? John Melone? Dennis Davis? Dan Ramir? Boo?

:D Yeah, I wish Sam would get back into it. Not sure, but I think I saw John Melone taking advantage of a chummed venue last Sunday at Joliet. Before he gets into any of my events, he can pay me his 2+ year old debt from when I helped him out when he was in a jam. Dennis is at the end of a rope following some tough sessions recently. A few of the Chicago boys don't like to leave their city or still have the notion they'll get tricked with peg position at Joliet. Boo will be playing videogames.

Most of all where is "Nobody told me"John Glusak? :angry2:

I guess nobody told him about it. :P

By the way, best of luck to Tracy Jourdan who is having hand surgery this week! Tracy will be missed at fishing events in the next couple of months, but he'll be back, strong as ever, soon.

Watch out! I'm thinking Christine is a spy for the Indiana Walters cup team. :icon_smoking:;)

Oh crap, ive been made....too funny Larry

Hey Frank,

What are the chances on getting pegged with my wife, I am pulling the 1 eye handicapped card...lol

Tony--Unlike most of the Hoosier Carpers events, this is a walk-off peg draw, meaning that pegs are chosen by anglers in any number of combinations. If you and Christine drew peg-choice-order chips #1 and then #2, chances of being pegged together would be 100%. However, you may draw peg-choice-order chips #1 and #11. That would make it tough. I suppose the best chance to assure being pegged together would be to choose a middle peg like 4, 5, 12, or 13. More than likely, other anglers will be looking for bridge, end, or eastside pegs and leave pegs 3, 6, 11, and 14 open to assure you being pegged together. However, there are no guarantees.

I was thrilled when I saw that you were in the competition; but, as always, safety comes first. Other anglers, I am sure, would be more than happy to assist you; but, in fairness to others, I didn't guarantee adjoining pegs to a recent father-son team, so I can't say your being pegged next to Christine on November 24 is a sure thing. --Frank

Add dennis davis to the list of entrants.

OK. Thanks, Mike.

Frank,

Thanks for the info, but i was just kidding...sorry

Tony-- :D Not a problem. I hope you can fish no matter where you are pegged.

Dennis Davis has been a three-year regular at Joliet events. He returns for the November 24 Turkey Trot Tournament. Welcome, Dennis!

jolietwinter2010_dennis1706.jpg

More information here!

Tournament website here!

Participants to date (The tournament is limited to 16 anglers. Only 4 openings remain! ):

1. Grahame Johnston

2. Larry Seeman

3. Jim Rink

4. Mike Olinger

5. Anthony Sladek

6. Cory Bohmann

7. Christine Stout

8. Tony Stout

9. Eddie

10. Chuck Ferczok

11. Dennis Davis

12. Frank Rink