Carp Anglers Group Forums
Davy

Wanna Catch

I have tried search high and low I can not find anyone that has a passion for fishing for these amazing creatures. Were i am located in southwest virginia carp have a bad rep everytime I am out fishing for carp and pepole ask me what im fishing for and I tell them they look at me like I am crazy. I try to educate them but its been pounded in there heads since the were old enough to hold a rod in there hands that carp are sewer fish and only good for fertilizer. The sad thing is over half of them have never even caught a carp or done any research on them and you ask them about a carp and the first thing that comes out of there mouth is trash fish. I would like to invite anyone down to fish I have two lakes that have a large number of unpressured commons.

Seems like they're going to remain unpressured too, so that's good for you I'd say.

People who don't like carp...that's their lose.

Its hard to get past the inbreed attitude to carp with some, sometimes you just have get them to question where their info comes from, good luck :D

I have tried search high and low I can not find anyone that has a passion for fishing for these amazing creatures.

You're not alone anymore! Everyone in our group has the passion for.catching the queen of the river. Welcome and many singing alarms !

When I told a trout fishing buddy that I was going carp fishing (October, 2012) at Kingston, TN, he replied, "Carp and bass are trash fish." My smallest carp at that session was bigger than any of his trout. FWIW, the biggest trout, a brown trout, caught in the Hiwassee River was 15 lb. 10 oz. if I recall. My PB is 16-1/2!

Its hard to get past the inbreed attitude to carp with some, sometimes you just have get them to question where their info comes from, good luck :D

The sad part is they all say they hate carp and this and that but the fact of the matter is they have never caught one of these amazing creatures or done any research.