Carp Anglers Group Forums

Captures on Royal Carp bait

Keith

All -

Please, if you catch carp using Royal Carp baits (boilies, pellets or dips) please send the pictures to me at keith.thompson@calcarpin.com. I will send the best ones on to Alex for the web page and all will be included in a gallery on my site when it is back up (by the end of this month if I don't do too much fishing :D:D )

ditto to what dave said I am looking forward to using the Helicopter rigs that we got for 4th place . I also bought some fish and corn pellets from alex and am looking forward to using them at the dc fish in. Ill report the massive captures soon :D

Guest Tommy Robinson

I too would like to extend my thanks to Alex and the entire Royal crew. It was a great jesture. I wonder how those BBQ boilies will work? Smelled good enough for human consumption. Anyone try them yet?

Guest Paul Swider

I would like to say thanks as well. I only managed one fish during the ATC and it was a small fish by Town Lake standards at 17lbs even. But, it is my new PB and it was enticed with a Royal Scopex boilie. Thanks Alex for my first fish ever on a boilie and first ever on a hair-rig :D

I too would like to extend my thanks to Alex and the entire Royal crew. It was a great jesture. I wonder how those BBQ  boilies will work? Smelled good enough for human consumption. Anyone try them yet?

Tommy - I wish I could tell you, Karl has all my baits as carrying tons of boilies, plus pellets and dips, back with me on the plane was not an option (I was already close to my weight limit). We are fishing with Karl and the rest of the So Cal guys weekend of the 17th April

Hi Keith -

I'd like to add my public thanks to Alex and Royal Carp for their generosity. I was very pleased with the Royal Carp baits as they helped Phone and I land 40 fish! The winning combination was Royal Carp Scopex plus Royal Carp Baby Corn Pellets in PVA. Alex already has a pic of my best fish from the competition.

All the best.

Guest Cactus Carp

Any ideas on how many person where using the Royal Carp baits at the ATC ? From what i've been reading sounds like those corn pellets got it going on.

Keith about how many fills do you get from a bag of the pellets is it 2.2lbs?, with the usual PVA bag or say a 4x6" the ones I used at Clear Lake ?

Dean :D

Dean

All I can tell you mate is ........They definately didn't do any harm!!! :D:D

They are the real deal, they look right, they breakdown well, smell right.

There is also a fish flavoured pellet as well, I used this mixed with the corn pellets covered in the sweetcorn bait dip. (Thanks Keith!!)

I'll let you take a "good look" on the weekend of the 17th!!! :D:D:D

Karl :D

Guest Cactus Carp

Karl

Looking forward to it, hoping to fish Santee those days and catching a few lumps. Still no details yest such as meeting and where and when etc.

I'm ready for a few days fishing.........

Wendy and I will be at Santee early on the morning of the 16th.

Karl - when you getting there as I only have a small amount of fish pellets and no boilies until you arrive?

Dean - I reckon a 1kg bag should do you at least 15 PVA bags. Apart from the 4 field testers (Karl, Scott, Richard & myself - along with our partners during the event) I know that Alex sold a bunch of the pellets to at least 10 other people

Guest Cactus Carp

Keith

I'll have to give them a try sounds like they did well. Always looking for something a litte different for a slight one edge on those fish.

I certainly used Royal Baits during the ATC. This is the second time I have done well using the Baby Corn Pellets in PVA. (last time was the day after the CCC at Montrose Harbor). This was my first time to use the boilies. 40 fish later and I can say the fish certainly seemed to like them.

All the best,

Brian

Dean - I will show you them when I see you at Santee at the weekend.

Brian

About the baby corn pellets, are made of bits of corn ? Like a meal or larger pieces ?

Dean  :D

Dean -

They seem like compressed coarse corn meal with a Frito's type aroma.

Rgds,

Brian Nordberg

Guest Cactus Carp

Brian

Thanks i'll be able to see them first hand the weekend. Headed the San Diego area to fish with Keith, Karl and Ricky.

Hopefully we all will net some large fish :D

Bump to make visible again

This weekends So Cal get together on the Sunday I fished a different area than the other guys. Was using the fish pellets with the Curacao dip poured over a whole bag. This mixture was then fished in a small pva bag with plastic corn dipped in the same dip. While the guys were struggling with 2 or three carp in the morning between five anglers of them I had 13 all by myself (Wendy was hiking with her friend) between high single and high teens, with most being mid teen size. This in a lake that is stocked with catfish so they should have been all over the fish pellets.

I chose the curacao as it is very good in warmer water (water temp was 72), in fact the warmer it gets the better it works. Once water temps start going up in other areas I would recommend this flavour to anyone.

Next experiment will be with the Royal Trout Pellets (not currently available here) - will let everyone know how they work.

Of course that will be in a couple of weeks as this weekend is my first salmon trip of the year. The guys have had to go 9 miles offshore for the shoals but the fish have been way above average for this time of year (normally 12-18lb but have had a lot of 18-25lb so far). My buddies went out last weekend and limited out (6 of them on the boat two fish each) in 90 minutes (must have found a big shoal). I will be sure and let everyone know.