Carp Anglers Group Forums
Carp'n

New To The Forum

Hi everyone.. Very new to this Forum, and new to this type of fishin'

I am from St. Catharines, I cought my first Carp this summer and fell in love with this type of fishing.. It wasn't anything big maybe 5-7lbs down at Charles Daily Park.. but it was enough to get me hooked!

I am slowly trying to learn Locations for this type of fish and how to properly fish for Carp...

If anyone is ever looking for company let me know... as i mostly fish solo... and would love to learn more...

Just one question, When does the Carp fishing stop? December? I know the season is best from May till August.. but can you catch Carp all year?

I would really like to know what months you can catch Carp?

Welcome to the CAG. Yes carp fishing is addictive and once your hooked, your hooked for life. Carp fishing starts from May to January as many of the guys and girls who fish last year will tell you. You can also check out several of the channels on YouTube from local anglers from Hamilton & Burlington and learn alot of new techniques. Good luck and tight lines!

Hello and Welcome. PM sent. There are a lot of great places to fish carp in your area. Some can be fished all year long. Martindale pond is another great carp spot

Edited by hammercarp

Welcome to the forum. It's an addictive sport..... There are places that fish all year round as the one Lorne mentioned......

Welcome to the forum! You should find everything you need on here and more!

Welcome to the forum! You should find everything you need on here and more!

Yep to right that brilliant site . all you need to know is within this great GURT Carp site.

Welcome to the forum here in Texas we fish all yearand am sure in other places its the same

Glad to see you aboard, Carp'n! A nice, logical, next step would be to join CAG and have full access to the forum.

I think your initiation into carp fishing follows the same vein that many of us experienced. I caught a five pound carp with a heavy bass rod out of a retention pond about five years ago. That was it. The bass rods have been gathering dust ever since while the carp rods get out frequently, year round. :)

In addition, don't be intimidated by some of the terminology and strategy that gets thrown about around here. You will learn some things, and carp fishing, as with any species, can be challenging, but it's far from rocket science. Find a decent location and you will catch fish as long as your bait is semi-palatable and your rigs can handle bigger fish.

Many of us in northern Illinois fish competitively and for fun year round. Just find some open water in the winter months, build it up a bit with a few freebies, and they will come. Some of the bigger fish caught around here have been cold weather carp although it's tough to beat that pre-spawn spring/early summer bite.

Anyway, happy to see you among us. Take care and good luck.--Frank

Thanks everyone for the Great welcome! Hopefully I will have some good reports to share..! I'm going to try this winter.. But once Spring hits I'm really going to turn it on.. Hopefully I can make it out to some of the CAG events nd meet some of you..

Good luck to all! and Happy holidays!

Congrats on your catch! Like Frank said don't get wrapped around all of the crazy stuff e come up with since you're just beginning, learn the basics and go from there.

Welcome to the forum,

Zach

Vice Prez

Thanks everyone for the Great welcome! Hopefully I will have some good reports to share..! I'm going to try this winter.. But once Spring hits I'm really going to turn it on.. Hopefully I can make it out to some of the CAG events nd meet some of you..

Good luck to all! and Happy holidays!

Hope you can make it out to your areas events. Events are always fun!

Welcome !!!! any questions jus shoot anytime , the only fool is the man who doesn't ask questions :yes: