Carp Anglers Group Forums

Ian Sorrell & Saxon Tackle Rock

I would just like to say thank you very much Ian for the awesome gift of a Saxon Hexalite 2.75lb 12' rod as ways of the new members drive that you sponsored. The rod itself is a thing of true beauty & i would advise anyone who is after a quality rod to purchase one of these rods. I Will be buying a second rod to complete a set up. Can't wait to try it out & to start catching fish upon this rod.

Thanks a million, Dave.

Well finally saw a Saxon rod in person today thanks to Dave.....I must say that is one SWEET rod , which of course means I will have to buy a set (of three) this season for sure.

Very impressive Iain ........VERY impressive indeed , my hats of to you mate !!!!

Awwww shucks guys thanks for the kind words I'm blushing!

Developing a carp rod has certainly been a fascinating & rewarding experience, especially taking on quite a different direction from the current Euro style fashion for faster taper rods.

The overwhelmingly positive feedback we've received on the Saxon hexalites durability and ability to handle the amazingly powerful carp that we find over here (without pulling hooks etc) has made it well worth all the effort.

We've now started to find a growing market in Europe where anglers are finding that many of the casting sticks simply cannot handle the not so tame carp - especially outside the usual 'stock' pond environment. More interesting is the fact they are choosing the lighter test curve rods compared to North America.

Once again thanks for the kind words and to the many of you who have chosen our rods.

Tight Lines for 2013 and beyond!

Well finally saw a Saxon rod in person today thanks to Dave.....I must say that is one SWEET rod , which of course means I will have to buy a set (of three) this season for sure.

Very impressive Iain ........VERY impressive indeed , my hats of to you mate !!!!

Yeppers! got to show off my new piece of kit to 22 of Ohio's finest @ Larry Kinsler's "WINTERFEST" on Saturday & the response was a truly positive one. I cannot wait to try this rod out (as soon as the damn ice breaks) & look forward to buying another to complete my NEW set up. Thanks again to Iain for making this happen.

Hey Iain ,

Ever thought about making a Saxon Spod rod in 4.5 - 5.5 TC to match the carp rods ? Sure would be a great addition to have a matching set of kit...plus I bet you would design a spod to cover all our needs for spods casted with maise to pouches for casting method balls.

Just a thought.

Hey Iain ,

Ever thought about making a Saxon Spod rod in 4.5 - 5.5 TC to match the carp rods ? Sure would be a great addition to have a matching set of kit...plus I bet you would design a spod to cover all our needs for spods casted with maise to pouches for casting method balls.

Just a thought.

I like that thought!!