Carp Anglers Group Forums

CanAm 2013

hammercarp

Question

0 answers to this question

Canada this time Arvand....... im sure Tony is in, Jamie may be in, another young lad (Josh) is in plus im sure the regulars will be there - as for when , I have yet to find out but im making sure I go this time.........I have unfinished business with the Lawry since I got my as* kicked last time lol

Looking forward to making it as well, even if i have to take a few days off work. I need to catch the Carp that straightened out my hook :o

I see the Larry is mentioned, Lorne you may want to contact Antoine up in Long Sault, he is now the owner of canadian carp club and the new motel should be finished for the spring, Otto the full time guide has amazing local knowledge both the guys would be able to assist in setting this up with you, anyone who fished up there last can am will testify this is the place to hold the event, let me know if you need antoines details and will pass them on

All the best

Simon

Seeing the results of last year, I suggest the CANAM be held either in May or early June or later in October so that all anglers have a great chance of hauling in big fish as well as high numbers. The reason I say this is to get a better global response to such an event ( Tackle traders, Bait companies, Sports Channels etc ) and maybe one day the world carp classic could be held on the shores of the St. Lawrence. I have fished LS a few times and really love the place. Strong lean wild carp that test your tackle. I think this tournament should be attracting a lot more names such as Nash, korda, JRC and so on. JMO :yes: